Jet pack used for wifi for my television
tgris68

I have an Ellipsis Jet Pack. Has anyone used it for TV WiFi? What are the pros and cons?

0 Likes
Re: Jet pack used for wifi for my television
gallopgirl23

I've had an Ellipsis Jetpack for a few years but only for an internet connection.  I can tell you that six months ago it began cutting off every few minutes.  This is apparently a known issue for which Verizon has no solution nor any plans to seek one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tgris68, your wireless experts are here to assist. Unlike the built-in mobile hotspot feature in your smartphones and tablets, a Jetpack is a separate device that lets you wirelessly share your Verizon  network connection with other devices.

You can connect other devices (e.g., tablets, smartphones, notebooks, netbooks, cameras,  gaming devices) to your Jetpack through each device's Wi-Fi feature. While the devices are connected, you're charged per your monthly data plan  for the data that's used. There may be times when it does buffer however this device can go everthwere you go and has an easy set up. 

For additional information on your Jetpack, you may click here:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-jetpack-faqs/  

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a reliable data connection that does not cut out every few minutes is a essential. I see that you tried to get assistance before and the issue was addressed as a known issue. I'd like to offer a fresh perspective in this issue and help resolve it. What is the make/model of your jetpack? Where are you located (intersection, zip code)? 

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
charlie_a
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
charlie_a
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got my jet pack yesterday and it is a major disappointment. If they think I’m going to pay for this piece of dirt they’re out of their minds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

charlie_a

We are truly sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your purchase, however to be honest with you the jetpack devices were never meant to be used as your primary means of residential service. The jetpack functions as internet on the go for devices such as phones, laptops, etc. These would not be a good recommendation for streaming on your TV. The good news is that all the devices we sell come with a worry free guarantee period so that you can return the device see here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/return-policy/

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes