JetPack Mobile Spot Internet Access
ajb1us

I recently purchased a jetpack mobile hotspot. When I turn it on, I get a message stating "No SIM detected. Insert SIM card for internet access.", was the device supposed to come with a SIM card?  Or was that something I was supposed to purchase separately?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: JetPack Mobile Spot Internet Access
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajb1us

We want you to be able to enjoy your jetapck as soon as possible. If you do not have a Sim Card or the one you have is not reading, you may stop in any local corporate Verizon store and they can get one for you. Here is a link with stores near you: http://vz.to/1AlOFdG

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Check your Jetpack for the SIM card.  If one is not available then contact VZW to have them send one to you.  You can stop into a store for something like this too.

If the SIM is available then try removing, checking the orientation and reiserting it.  Perhaps it was just plugged in upside down or was not correctly seated.  Once the Jetpack detects a valid SIM you should be good to go.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajb1us, we always want you to have the best experience with your latest purchase. It’s important to make sure your device is fully functional and can read the SIM card properly. Visiting a store to swap out the SIM card is certainly a great option; however there may be some additional troubleshooting steps that we can address online as well. Can you please confirm the make/model of your device? Were you able to locate the SIM Card on the current device after all?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MartyDoe

Our MIFI 6620L keeps having connection issues. Recently the connection constantly goes out and I am resetting the jetpack many times a day.

0 Likes