Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L randomly powering off and on automatically several times a day.
KVEEDLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Verizon JetPack 4G LTE 6620L that randomly powers off and on automatically. It shuts off (whenever I don't want it too) but starts again right away. But during that time computer has lost internet connection.  Happens when using with tablet also.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L  randomly powering off and on automatically several times a day.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Jetpack isn't designed to operate in a 24/7 operation. There are other devices better designed to be on all the time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L randomly powering off and on automatically several times a day.
KVEEDLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

This jet pack is not on 24/7.it is only on several times a day for about 1 hour each time. I power it off when not in use. Sometimes it powers off and on automatically ,sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it does it only one time in a session and at other times it does this multiple times in a row during a session. Verizon reseated battery and made note in my account concerning this problem and told me to bring it in when it happens again. Of course when it did it again store was closed. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Re: Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L  randomly powering off and on automatically several times a day.
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

>It shuts off (whenever I don't want it too) but starts again right away.

Is the Jetpack actually turning off or just shutting off its control panel/screen?  Jetpacks will turn off their display/control panel to save battery power.  Hitting the power button will turn the display back on for a period of time.  If the Jetpack does not go into a full boot every time you hit the power button then it may be only going to sleep and waking up again.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4G LTE 6620L randomly powering off and on automatically several times a day.
KVEEDLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is powering completely off not just the display.

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Full reboots suggest you either have a bad battery or the contacts on the Jetpack touching the battery are bad or perhaps the USB port is loose/defective.  In any case you should contact VZW and review the warranty support options that may remain on the device and use those up first.

If no warranty then replacement batteries can be purchased and tested fairly easily.  However, anything else bad on the Jetpack such as the contacts, the USB cable port or something on the device itself will require replacement.  VZW will offer you upgrade options if your warranty is already expired as a good way to proceed.  Otherwise you can recycle the device and purchase a new or a refurbished device to get back on track.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want your device to work as intended, KVEEDLE. When did this issue start? Is there any physical or water damage to the device?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KVEEDLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no damage to the jetpack. The problem started about 1 month ago. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello KVeedle

I'm sorry to hear this issue is persisting. I know how much I rely on my jetpack. I would like to review how it is connecting to our network. Please reply to my private message.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KVEEDLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

JoeL_VZW

I guess I don't understand what you mean about how Jetpack is connecting to network. Could you please explain? 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4

0 Likes