Jetpack 6620L software
skinpipe101

Hello,

I've recently purchased Jetpack 6620L MiFi device that I would like to register with a different provider.

I was under the impression that this is acceptable and is an unlocked device.

My problem is that I cannot get my computer to recognize it, when connected via USB so that I can apply my updates.

Are their are drivers/firmware or software available for this problem? I am running x32 Windows 7.

My other thought is that maybe their is a setting to enable the COM port? Right now my computer can only receive information from this device. I am attempting to send information to the device. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 6620L software
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The Jetpack 6620L does not appear to have separate update software like some of the previous versions of the Jetpack.  All updates on this model are done Over-The-Air (OTA).  All you need to do to update the Jetpack is initiate the update process from the control panel of the Jetpack.  No USB cable necessary.

More info on the update process:

Verizon Jetpack MiFi 6620L Software Update | Verizon Wireless

We would have to check the User Guide but chances are the USB cable is only intended for power purposes with this model.

Re: Jetpack 6620L software
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help skinpipe101. We definitely don't want to lose you. Is the Jetpack currently active on a VZW account? Or did you purchase it through a 3rd party?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes