Jetpack 8800L 4G losing bars
Kranitz

I've noticed that my Jetpack 8800L's speeds have been bottoming out into dialup teritory, and can't make heads or tails of it. Rebooting it and changing locations seems to help, if only for a half hour or so. This just started within the last to weeks, right around Nov 3rd actually. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 8800L 4G losing bars
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kranitz, thanks for reaching out. We know that needing fast speeds on the Jetpack is important. We would love to find out what is going on. Have there been any changes to the device recently? Is there any physical or liquid damage to the device? What type of data speeds are you receiving? You can always check at www.speedtest.net. Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes
Kranitz

Have there been any changes to the device recently?

No

Is there any physical or liquid damage to the device?

No

What type of data speeds are you receiving?

Anywhere from 0.1/15 to 20/15 mbps .  I am currently getting 4/5. Time of day does not seem to be a factor, nor does weather. I have moved it around, which sometimes improves the connection, but it never lasts.

I also have an active ticket, but it concerns me because I have no other internet options where I live, so my jetpack is my lifeline to the world. I need it for my medical appointments, bills, and everything else. My room mate also has a jetpack with verizon, different model, but same plan, and she has been getting 1/5 quite often.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kranitz, we appreciate your answers as that does help us get more detailed information. You mentioned an active ticket, do you happen to have that ticket number or an updated status on this since it's been a few days. 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes