Jetpack AC791L data usage
CATEVA50

My Jetpack AC791L uses up almost 10 Gs of data as soon as the new billing cycle begins. I run out of high speed data within 2 days! This is not acceptable. Help, please! I tried calling tech support but was on hold too long, and I guess you can't chat with tech support. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack AC791L data usage
boringusername
Master - Level 1

What do you have it hooked up to?

0 Likes
CATEVA50

My iPhone6s and a Kindle Fire.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Why would you need to have a PHONE hooked up to a hotspot?

0 Likes
CATEVA50

I live in a very rural area where there is no internet. Jetpack is my only internet wireless connection. I have 2 jetpacks. When my phone isn't connected to WIFI, it keeps saying I have no internet connection when I try to use apps. Very frustrating. I think I'm missing something, just not sure what. I've been trying to contact tech support but don't want to spend an hour waiting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CATEVA50, we certainly want you to have data access for what you need it for. We are here to help. Our Jetpacks are meant to be used for mobile internet service for our customers. 

Using it for your prime source of internet at your home is not suggested, because the amount of 4G speeds is limited on our Unlimited plans. Getting a home service provider may be your best option, since there is no way to offer you more of an allowance for 4G speeds on the Jetpack.

If you are streaming videos, then 10GB can certainly be used very quickly. You do have the option to reduce video/audio quality to help lower the amount of data videos and music would use. 

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CATEVA50

I have no other source for internet service. I live in a rural area where there is no DSL. I was told that this would be sufficient for my needs when I signed up. I have a two year contract and am very unhappy. It seems as if someone should have told me that this would not work as my only internet service. Can I cancel the contract and just go with my phone, or am I stuck for two years? I have Beyond Unlimited plan, how much less is the unlimited plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CATEVA50, I want to ensure we can help turn your experience around and that you have as reliable of a data connection as possible. I understand the concern over your data usage with the Jetpack and want to see how we can prevent using so much data in a small account of time. How exactly are you using your iPhone and Kindle Fire Tablet when connected to the Jetpack? (Movies, games, apps, etc.) How long have you been experiencing this issue with data being used in a short amount of time? 

I don't want to cancel the line outright if we can determine a better solution for your needs. To better assist and fully address your concerns, I have sent you a Direct Message so I can follow up with you directly over this matter. 

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CATEVA50

I use my phone for email, facebook, web searches, etc. No game playing or video streaming. The Kindle Fire is mostly used to play one game that must be connected to the internet in order to play, email, etc.

As soon as the monthly cycle begins, at like 5:00 in the a.m., it uses close to 4G right off the bat. By the end of the day I've used over 10G. This is the jetpack [removed]. My other jetpack, [removed], I use for my laptop, email, web searches, etc.

I can't afford much more than I'm paying now. I did chat with someone who said I could get more Gs, but it would cost close to $500 per month, which is out of the question.

My phone number is [removed], so check out the data usage on all my devices (3) and let me know what I can do.

Personal Information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do not post any personal information on this public forum!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes