Jetpack JUNK!
LARYD71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Although our change over to Verizon from AT&T was easy and basically positive I have got to warn folks not to get caught up in a two year contract for their Junk JETPACK. I didn't realize it was a two year contract for the first thing but the main thing is it's the slowest wifi I have EVER used..... old style dial up was faster than this thing. It took me about twenty minutes just to get on this page to create the post. We love our phone service, that was a good move but please be aware if you get caught in this JETPACK junk you are stuck foe two years with no way to get out of it..... we have tried. Because if this we will go back to AT&T or another provider as soon as we can get out of this contract just be cause we feel Verizon has been less then fair to us.

Larry [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Re: Jetpack JUNK!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, Laryd71. We are happy to hear you joined the Verizon Wireless family and the last thing we want is to lose you as a customer. I know how important it is to have reliable data speeds. I would like to get additional information. When did you start experiencing the slow speeds? In what zip code are you experiencing this problem? Also, please provide me with your current data speeds on this Jetpack. speedtest.net

Gerson_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LARYD71!

We hate to hear that you are having issues with your Jetpack. We know that it can be a huge pain to deal with and we are here to help. How long exactly have the issues been going on for? Have you attempted any troubleshooting to fix this?

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LARYD71
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but we don't use

our email very much anymore because everything takes so much data and its

so slow. The issue of "slow" has been since day one. Our zip code is 32180.

Our cell service is pretty good, much better than we had with AT&T. I ran

the speed test as you requested  - ping = 140, download = 1.05, upload =

0.67. I am very knowledgeable concerning computers so I keep my quad laptop

running at optimal speed (I had a computer repair shop for several years).

Although I am knowledgeable involving computers, not so much with

cell/wireless devices. I thought the jet pack was unlimited use and the

customers I had several years ago who used it just loved it. I didn't know

everything had changed with them and they used so much data. We  are

retired, on fixed income so all we call afford is 20 gig of data a month

which doesn't last through the month. My biggest issue is that we are stuck

in a two year contract on something that is virtually worthless. We can

just turn on the hotspot of our phone and get better service than the

Jetpak. We really feel the fellow who signed us up should have been more up

front with us and told us we really didn't need to buy the jetpack and

should have been MUCH clearer that it required a two year contract. If you

could do anything to get that contract off of us we would be very

appreciative. We have told everyone we are happy with our phone service and

recommend Verizon highly for that but I warn everyone to stay away from

that stinking Jetpack. In my opinion Verizon would be better off to do away

with that program completely.  If you have any questions or need to discus

further please call me @ [removed] As I said we try not to use wifi

(which kills me) I have to go park at the library to connect to their wifi

so I can search for car parts and so my wife can research assisted living

facilities for her ill mother, not fun.

thanks for responding

Larry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LARYD71, we are sorry to hear that the service with your Jetpack was not as you expected. We know the importance of getting this issue resolved, and we will be glad to help address any concerns you have in mind with getting this resolved the best way possible. What is the best time when we can reach out to you?

David_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LARYD71
Enthusiast - Level 2

you can call anytime...... either myself or my husband @[removed]

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Do not share your personal phone number, address or email address on the Verizon forums.

This is a public forum and anyone can see or record that information for malicious purposes.  Verizon already has your direct contact information and regular users/readers do not need it.  If you want Verizon to contact you on a different number then contact Verizon directly over the phone and provide that information to a VZW rep.  That or use the direct/private messaging system provided by the forum.

LARYD71
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can call us anytime

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we can best assist you with your concerns, LARYD71. I've sent you a Private Message so I can best assist.

Nicole_VZW

0 Likes