Jetpack (MHS900L) No Internet Access (even with strong reception)
pete_speth

I bought a jetpack in the beginning of September. It worked fine for about a week, then it started having issues. I could connect to the jetpack normally, and it would show the device was connected. I could also go to the jetpack admin page on my device, and the About section would show it was connected to the internet. However, I would not have any internet access on my device. I tried connecting as many different devices as I could (Pixel 3, iPhone, Mac, Linux laptop), all had the same behavior.

I reached out to Verizon multiple times for help. First, they used our insurance policy to just send me a brand new jetpack. I tried it using the the same SIM card as the old jetpack, and it still didn’t work. I reached out to Verizon again. After walking through the basic trouble shooting steps (which I had already done on my own many times), they decided to send me a new SIM card.

After I got the new SIM card and called into to go through the activation process, the jetpack worked again. A week later, the jetpack stopped working again, with the same behavior as before. I did not make any changes to my plan or anything. It was just working one day, then not working the next day, even with 3 bars of service.

I reached out to Verizon once again, very frustrated with the device. After some extremely redundant back and forth with a frontline agent, I was able to get on a call with a Tier 2 tech. Because my devices were connecting fine to the jetpack, and the jetpack had signal, he basically denied that there could be a problem with their device. Then, he asked me to try changing the password. Once I did, and the jetpack restarted, it was working again. I was shocked and asked him why this worked. He had no idea, he just said he'd heard of it being an issue before.

About once a week, for three weeks, I would experience the same connectivity issue. Each time, I would reset my password and the jetpack would work again. Today, I experienced the issue again, and this time resetting the password did not work. I tried factory reset, changing the network name, changing the password multiple times, all the basic trouble shooting steps, and nothing worked.

I am now back to square zero. I spent over 100 dollars to buy this device. I am paying monthly for the data for it. Yet it has only been usable for a small portion of the time I’ve had it.

I have not been able to get any help beyond basic customer service and troubleshooting. Because Verizon doesn't seem to have any system that tracks an incident to resolution, or any channel for raising a legitimate technical issue beyond the scope of user error or confusion, I need to waste hours of time on the chat or phone reexplaining myself each time the issue resurfaces.

TL;DR

My experience since getting my jetpack has been nothing but a headache. There seems to be some technical issue with these devices, or at least mine in particular, which Verizon refuses to acknowledge or even investigate. I have put a lot of time and energy into trying to correct this issue, but have yet to be even taken seriously by Verizon -- and thus have been reduced to writing a whiny forum post about it.

Verizon, please make this right.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack (MHS900L) No Internet Access (even with strong reception)
strongca

Same problem - I have good cell and mobile data at my house, and my mobile devices (iPhones and Android phones) have good service when in "Mobile Data" mode.

But when I connect my jetpack 900L to connect WiFi to my laptop, my PC, and to the iPhones and the Android cellphones  - all get the same message, "Connected, no internet." 

I contacted by Tech Support, Level 2, and there is a record of what has been done so far - but no success.  Today (11/15/20), I went to the Verizon store, where it did connect to the internet, but when I got home - "Connected, no internet."  Why do the cellphones work very well as hubs, but the jetpack doesn't?

Cell coverage - at least three bars, shows on the Jetpack and on the cell phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there, strongca. We want to ensure your Jetpack is working as it should be, to confirm are you still having these issues in your home?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
strongca

These problems have never been resolved.  The device has been useless since I purchased it in September - Tech Support has attempted to address the issue - if you look up my number:  860-305-6553, you will see a long stream of calls to tech support, without resolution. 

I am reaching my limit, as I have been promised feed back, calls back, etc - and no result - usually tech support asks if I have done trouble shooting - you have send a replacement device, a new sim card - all sorts of things, but no follow up.  Not what I expect from Verizon, especially with what I pay each month.

0 Likes
strongca

Isounds like my story - got the device in September, just before a business trip.  Same steps - call tech support, swap out the device - swap out the sim card - write a whiny post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

strongca, we are disheartened to learn that you haven't received a resolution or follow up for the issues that you've been having with your Jetpack device, but we are here to assist you with this as your earliest convenience. We have sent you a Private Note to continue our conversation privately. We will be standing my when you have the time to respond. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
jammy58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon jetpacks have always had alot of complaints.   There is NO CS.  They always post some garbage here about helping but they never help.

I have had the jetpack for almost a year and this my last month.  If they cant fix the issues they arent getting any more money from me.

Im sitting here with a verizon cell phone...43 Mbps down.  Jetpack...less than than 1 Mbps down. 

Anyone reading and thing about getting a jetpack....dont waste your money.

0 Likes
strongca

Ellipsis Jetpack MHS8800L should not be offered.

After three units and two simcards, the unit still does not connect to the internet reliably - if at all.  As I have noted before, I checked it (with Tech Support, too) using a W10 desktop, a Dell W10 laptop, and a Moto Z cellphone - all indicate "Connected - No Internet."  

I purchased the unit in early September, 2020, and it just plain hasn't worked properly, either in Connecticut or in California..  My company provided an Inseego unit - it has worked well in both locations.

After this morning's tech service call, I asked to cancel the service and for a refund of my cost, as it is clearly a non-functional device.  I was surprised to be told that there are no other reports of this device's dismal performance, because there seem to be a number of problems reported in the community.

The end results:

1 - Verizon Tech Support has been uniformly responsive, professional, courteous, and patient with me in trying to resolve this problem.  They should be complimented for their service.

2- I will not use stuff manufactured by Ellipsis again, and recommend that \Verizon eliminate their products from their offerings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

strongca,

An internet connection these days needs to be reliable, and after reading through your experience with the Ellipsis Jetpack, it sounds like you've been through a lot, to say the least. I'm happy to hear you've been so pleased with our customer service and I want to make sure you've gotten a full resolution regarding your internet needs while on the go. Are you taking the time to look over new solutions for a connection? Let me know if there is anything else we can be of assistance with! 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes