I'm frustrated with my Jetpack MiFi 8800L. The display screen has a bunch of the text blending/overlapping/overlaying together such that I can't see how much data I'm using or have. Plus, it's just wrong. I have a 15GB plan (with 2x data, so 30GB) and it doesn't show up right on the hotspot. I can tell if I open the admin site for the jetpack, or if I login to my verizon account, but I paid $200 in part because this was a nice device that will show my data usage appropriately.
This appears to be the same issue as this locked thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Jetpack-4G-LTE-Mobile-Hotspot/Jetpack-8800L-displays-in-MB-...
It seems like it's a bug on Inseego or Verizon's end?
How is Verizon going to fix this for people like me who are struggling with this bug?
Hi there. It is vital to be able to view your data usage, so you can monitor your account. You can see how to view that information here:
You can also view your current usage in your MyVerizon account. If you have not registered that yet, I highly recommend getting it registered.
We know how to view data usage. The problem is that the jetpack isn't showing the data usage correctly. Are you willing to escalate this bug so that it can be fixed?
Having a reliable resource for data usage is crucial, kyle_delaney. Thanks for reaching out, I'd like to learn more in order to help find a lasting solution. Just to ensure we are on the same page, do you have Prepaid or Postpaid wireless service? When did this issue begin or when did you first notice an issue with the service? Looking forward to hearing back.-Chris
I have prepaid service. The issue was always there, and remains present even after exchanging for a new jetpack. It's possible that the bug could be specific to customers who only have the jetpack and don't have a Verizon phone.
I’m having the same issue with overlapping text and inability to see data usage. I have tried call and chatting with customer support and it is an activity of utter frustration (hours on the phone). To make it more confusing, when I go into my account and look at the past 45 days data usage, it does not add up. My last month Verizon said I exceeded 100G. When I added the days in the usage section it was about 39G. Then customer service says they have different info and that IT doesn’t always upload the most current info. How are you supposed to manage the data usage if you don’t know how much you are using. I’m ready to just turn the MIFI in and cancel my service. I also tried to fix the issue with a replacement unit but it is still the same. I do not have a phone with Verizon so don’t know if that is part of the problem as someone else pointed out.
Can someone from Verizon please fix this or tell us it doesn’t work please!