Jetpack MiFi® 8800L screen black
Phyllis7
Enthusiast - Level 1

My jetpack is on and I can connect to WiFi, but the screen is black and I can't turn it on by pressing the power button. 

Re: Jetpack MiFi® 8800L screen black
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with your Jetpack. Please clarify, you mention it's on and you can connect to Wi-Fi but the screen is black. How are you connecting to Wi-Fi with a blank screen? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Harrismotz
Enthusiast - Level 1

The WiFi is on and sending a signal. If you know the password and have connected before, it just automatically reconnects. Is there a reset for a black screen? Is there a remote connection to control the screen? Is there a replacement for the screen? It's a pretty simple and straightforward question. 

Peaches12
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my case, external devices connected automatically after charging Jetpack for 3 hours. Screen is still blank — can’t tell if device is on or off, or when it’s fully charged. What now?

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If your screen is blank but the LEDs respond to power cables then the screen has failed.  You will need to service your Jetpack by calling it in for warranty work.  Work with a rep on this one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate those details. To ensure we are on the same page we want to clarify. The jetpack connects to other devices however the screen does not turn on, correct? Is there any physical or liquid damage?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
philmar1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens to me sometimes. I always just take the battery out of the jetpack, put it back in, then power it back on. The screen will then work normally. Another option would be restarting the jetpack from the jetpack admin page. I have not personally used the admin page to do this, but it should work.

Diddle838
Enthusiast - Level 1

philmar1

Thanks for the very helpful information and solutions for this issue. Your information was a ton better than the Verizon Customer support reps.

I was able to use the Jetpack Admin screen to restart the Jetpack & once it restarted the display was working again.

The Restart Jetpack option is available under the Sign Out button at the upper right hand corner of the Admin screen.

Thanks again!!

Zoomcatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

A million thanks! I did the restart from the admin page and it works perfectly now.

This is the second time I've had this issue. The first time I did not know I could reset from the admin page and I ended up ordering a new battery for it, which worked -- except now I know I never needed that new battery! I tried working with Verizon customer support -- what a joke. Again, thank you for taking the time to answer this question.

maxx11z
Enthusiast - Level 1

Taking out the battery and putting it back in did the trick. Screen now shows. Thanks.