Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetpack Updates
CApmann

I am attempting to update my Jetpack with the new software.

The Jetpack is connected to my desktop (USb). My desktop does not recognize the connection to the Jetpack, so I am unable to install the required update.

What could be the issue and how can I resolve it?

Re: Jetpack Updates
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

> What could be the issue and how can I resolve it?

Check the supported OSs for your Jetpack.  You will need drivers to complete a USB connection and only certain OSs will be supported by certain Jetpacks.  No drivers means no connection which means no updates on that machine.

You could also consider borrowing a friends PC if they happen to have one that is running a supported OS.  Some VZW stores will complete upgrades for you too if you have one near by.

0 Likes
7e18n1

Without knowing which Jetpack, here's my guess: you have an Ellipsis MHS800L Jetpack and that Jetpack does not support a USB internet connection to your computer (you can only charge it with a computer).  You can use Wi-Fi to check for and initiate a firmware update; see this thread for more information:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/926289

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sailit_Inc, let's get your Jetpack's software updated. Have you been able to connect to this computer before? Have you tried another USB port or cable? What model Jetpack to you have?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes