Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Jetpack ZTE890L Icon
JOHTHI79
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my Jetpack, ZTE 890L---There's an icon to the left of the battery indicator that looks like a Capital F partially enclosed in a box. What is it? Can't find in in my manual.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack ZTE890L Icon
JOHTHI79
Enthusiast - Level 1

A chat with Verizon revealed that the F is in an "envelope" icon and indicates that SMS is Full.

The 890L has no way to connect to an Admin Page to delete the messages.

Can someone tell me how to delete the messages?

Would a full SMS block connectivity to Verizon? I have 5 bars 4GLTE but can't maintain connection to my Jetpack with my computer. HELP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHTHI79,

We certainly want to make sure that you can get those message deleted. Your Jetpack 890L does have an Admin page to connect to. If you are unsure of the password you will need to complete a hard reset. Here is the link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-50008/.

NicoleT_VZW

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the User Manual does not highlight a way to manage and delete your SMS messages then you should be able reset the defaults on the Jetpack to wipe them out too.  Most Jetpacks have a reset button under the back cover. You need a paperclip to press it down for a few seconds when the Jetpack is powered on.

Make sure Verizon has deactivated SMS messaging for your account.  There is no good way to manage or use texting on Jetpacks.  The service is not needed and ends up being an additional expense if you hit any kind of overage limits based on your plan.