Re: MIFI 8800l JetPack Suddenly Drops Connection
RAPTOR_JOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have the same 8800L dropping problem as everyone else.  Admins on another site I follow that test equipment reported a few weeks ago that they had been given a beta software update to test.  They reported that it was an improvement but not perfect. They did not know when Verizion might release the update but thought it might be in a month or so.

0 Likes
RAPTOR_JOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

The folks that have been testing the update say that the configuration to look for is:

• SW Verizon: 1R   (as shown on the Jetpack's About screen)
  • MiFi OS version: 2.100.9.1a
  • Modem firmware version: SDx20ALP-1.22.7a 1 [2019-05-08 11:00:32]
  •  

Inseego has sent update to Verizon for release.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here Raptor_Joe. I rely on my service staying connected at all times and that is what I want for you as well. No one likes there WiFi connection to drop all the time. When did all of this start? May I have the nearest intersection and City? I know it has been a couple of days, are you still having this issue? Please elaborate. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
wb4zit
Enthusiast - Level 2

From rvmobileinternet.com:

As of mid-July, Inseego has told us Verizon rejected the update and asked for a new built with additional fixes. That has been submitted, and now we wait for Verizon to hopefully approve the build and push. Inseego hopes that might happen 'within a month'.
@RAPTOR_JOE wrote:

The folks that have been testing the update say that the configuration to look for is:

• SW Verizon: 1R   (as shown on the Jetpack's About screen)
  • MiFi OS version: 2.100.9.1a
  • Modem firmware version: SDx20ALP-1.22.7a 1 [2019-05-08 11:00:32]
  •  

Inseego has sent update to Verizon for release.

0 Likes
RAPTOR_JOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem has gotten much worse.  Re-booted about every 10 minutes tonight.  We are full time RV folks and have to depend upon this hot spot.  We are currently in Bryson City NC but won't be here a lot longer.

0 Likes
RAPTOR_JOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think we are all in the same boat.  This problem appears to be across the entire 8800L product line and appears to be getting little attention.

0 Likes
RAPTOR_JOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard to imiagine that Verizon can not replicate this problem as most users appear to have the issue.

0 Likes
RAPTOR_JOE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree.  Hate to sound cynical but that is what it feels like.

0 Likes
Scarhip

Notice how this is happening after Verizon stopped the prepaid unlimited plan. Sounds like they want us to get so frustrated with this and drop it. Then pay more for the other plans. Just my thought. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can understand why you may feel frustrated about issues with your Jetpack. The Prepaid Unlimited plasn are subjext to Network management. This means when the network is overloaded with users, they may experiecnce slower speeds. CidnieD_VZW

0 Likes