Re: MIFI 8800l JetPack Suddenly Drops Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you have a consistent network experience, vanznaz. Seeing the connection drop would concern me as well. Let's take a closer look. Just to confirm, is your 7730L on the $65.00 prepaid unlimited plan? What city are you in currently, and what are the closest street intersections? Are any other Verizon Wireless devices having trouble with their data or voice services, that you know of?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to use your device to it's full capabilities to get the most out of your network. If we have completed troubleshooting of the device, and submitted a ticket. The best course of action at this time is to simply wait for the resolution, as our technicians will be able to find the best solution for the issue.

AlfredoR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!!

0 Likes
karmyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this problem and I'm losing work and consequently my income because of it! Mine also seems to drop out around 920MB. I get a huge spike in ping and then lose the connection. I end up having to reconnect in the middle of a meeting. Plus, my Macbook Pro [all of a sudden] won't recognize the Jetpack again until I've restarted my laptop! 

It is the most frustrating issue. I went with Verizon for the first time because of the amazing speed and dependability. I'm losing out on the dependability. 

I need an answer because I can not afford to lose any more time by having to reschedule my clients over and over! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to learn you're experiencing issues with your Jetpack and want to ensure you can rely on your service, karmyn. Let's take a closer look into this. When did these issues start? How often does the connection drop? Have you noticed if you are in the same location every time this happens?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
marinellirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I noticed this thread is nearing 2 months old and seeing if there was any resoultion to the dropped sessions on the 8800L?    I am seeing this issue at 4 hour increments, no matter how much data passes.  Seems like Verizon is triggering the disconnect, unless they have some technical soultion or bug.

any ideas?

Apr 5 15:33:29 (none) modem2d: [MDM_MAIN]:[notice] - {mifios_wanevent}: INTERNET IPV4 Disconnect!!
Apr 5 15:33:29 (none) modem2d: [MDM_MAIN]:[notice] - data_call_connection_state APN:[{mifios_wanevent}: INTERNET] Fam:[IPV4] State:[3], resetting reference count due to unexpected call drop.
italladdsup1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please provide a link for this. I have the same issue with my AC791L Jetpack. I have tried chaning the network mode, and still have the same issue on all three modes. The device must be turned off and back on again, to require a network signal. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a consistent data connection with your device is essential, italladdsup1. Thanks for your efforts so far. We want to continue to look into why your AC791L keeps dropping your data connection. When did this start? Does this happen in multiple locations or at a specific place, like home or work? Are multiple devices connected to the AC791L when the connection drops or is it happening with just one device?

NicoleR_VZW

0 Likes
italladdsup1
Enthusiast - Level 3

It started at the begining of this month (April 2019). We are currently located at Holloman Air Force Base, in Alamagordo, NM. We travel full time, with a new location every month. We started using the prepaid unlimited $70 plan back in December 2018, and the device worked excellent until this month. We use it to connect multiple devices. Also to note, my iphone, which is a post paid Verizon Unlimited plan iphone, never dropps the network, when used as a hot spot or while not being used as a hot spot (it has zero issues). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

italladdsup1, that information is greatly appreciated and will help us work toward a resolution. Please ensure the network mode is set to Global or Automatic as shown on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-174961/. Then turn the device off and remove the SIM using the steps on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-178474. Then reinsert the SIM card and retest the device. What is the operating system that you use the Jetpack with, such as Windows OS, Macintosh OS, Android OS or Apple iOS?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
italladdsup1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did all of those things, and it worked for a few hours and then dropped the network/signal as before. Shut down unit to get it to pick the network back up. Same problem continues.