MIFI 8800l Patch 2a Problem
Prestonpigagain

A few weeks ago, I started a topic about failures, after the 2A patch,  with my 8800l Jetpack, under the community name Prestonpig. Verizon employees communicated with me via private messages. For some reason I can't figure out, I can no longer access those private messages or my old community name of Prestonpig. The summary of the discussion was that nothing could be done or attributed to a bug in the 2A patch, and I would have to buy a new 8800l or live with the problems on the old one. I was also told that I could activate a new 8800l on my current unlimited prepaid account, which has been discontinued since I originally signed up for it.

The health of my old 8800l has continued to decline, and since Verizon is my only real option for internet service, I am ready to buy a new 8800l. I would just like to confirm that I will still be able to activate it with my existing prepaid unlimited account, and not have to pick a lesser account instead. Will I need a new Sim card, or can I re-use my old one?

Thank You!

0 Likes
Re: MIFI 8800l Patch 2a Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Prestonpigagain. We want to make sure you have the information you need. Great news is you will be able to activate a new Jetpack with your current Unlimited plan. Also, it is recommended that you get a new SIM Card for the device. We hope this helps! CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

Well, this is still more inconvenient. I am now unable to order a new 8800l. I got to shop/Jetpacks and hotspots, and select the 8800l. I don't get an add to cart option, just a continue button. I click that, it asks me my zipcode, asks if I am a new customer or not, asks if I want to add a new line or upgrade, then takes me to the smartphone selection page - no jetpacks, nowhere to say I want an 8800l. If I go bask to the shop page, it just loops me around the same path over and over. How do I just order a new 8800l?

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

And while I'm at it, how do I order a new sim card to go with it?

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

OK, I'm sorry, I kinda ran out of patience today. I finally got the 8800l ordered. I still don't see a way to get a sim card until I receive the 8800l and get a number off it, causing a further delay in getting it activated and working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you completing this upgrade through the My Verizon application, or a browser? AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

In fact, I have not yet received the new 8800l. The holiday weekend delayed it until Monday. My order confirmation e-mail says that it has shipped with a pre-installed sin card. We'll see how it goes on Monday.

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

So after waiting 5 days for a next day delivery, I finally have my new 8800l. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get it activated under my old prepaid account. I worked with one rep for over an hour with no luck, then got disconnected from her only to be reconnected with someone from a different department. He transferred me back to where I was supposed to be, but a different rep. She couldn't tell who my previous rep was and wanted to start over. I then got disconnected from her and have been trying to reach a live human nor for an hour and a half. Gee whiz - this is really what I call customer service!

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

Another discovery - the wait and listen to bad music system automatically disconnects you after an hour of waiting for a live human. How convenient!

0 Likes
Prestonpigagain

Just in case anybody is following this still, we got the new 8800l working around 6:30 cdt this evening! What an ordeal.

0 Likes