MIFI7730L DAILY data limit control
stec

I use MIFI7730L on a boat and airbnb customers abuse the wi-fi privilege and use too much data.

how can set a DAILY limit on the data usage?

can I set the per month limit to a low amount and somehow RESET it daily?

per month limit does not help me.   Vz Smart Family

0 Likes
Re: MIFI7730L DAILY data limit control
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very generous of you! MiFi is far more expensive than regular Wi-Fi because it converts a mobile data signal to WI-Fi and wasn't designed to be a replacement for installed internet (cable) WiFi.  If you use more than 100GB per month, you probably need regular Wifi.  From what I saw when researching online, you can change router settings for cable internet to limit usage. That said, the only way to stop usage from others is to turn the MIFI off completely. There are no devices meant for what you need as far as setting daily limits. I apologize that's not the answer you wanted to hear, but if you let your customers know that they can only use Wi-Fi during certain times of the day with a cut-off, that may curb the data abuse. Here's more information on how the Familybase app can control time restrictions for data usage:   https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-20974/.

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes