MiFi 7730L - Updated. Now: "no battery" - won't turn off/on
fossbender

Everything was working great before I agreed to the update. As soon as the update finished (?) I got an error that there was no battery. And it won't turn on or off.

I've tried holding down the power button (for a very long time) but nothing changes. It's been a couple weeks since I've used it, but this week that's all I have to connect to work.

Based on google results I pulled the battery. Still getting the same message.
no battery.jpg

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 7730L - Updated. Now: "no battery" - won't turn off/on
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Call it into Verizon.

There have been a lot of complaints from the 7730 firmware update on the forum as of late.  Firmware problems would have to get resolved by Verzion by swapping you out with a new device.  Even if your warranty is expired its worth giving VZW a call to see if they can do anything considering so many others have had problems.  They might be able to swap you with a different model.

0 Likes
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

TRY this to see IF it may shut down and re-power and possibly work. Pull off the back battery cover. look for the "reset"word in the edge of the battery compartment. Take something like a paperclip, open up the paperclip and press the "RESET BUTTON" holding it in until it shuts down.(shouldn't take any longer than 12 seconds or so.) If that fails just pull the battery. Or unplug from power source and allow it to run down. But I ultimately recommend the same as your 1st responding reply.... call verizon to ask for a swap out. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.

0 Likes
fossbender

Thank you, will do!

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 12:20 PM, John_Getzke <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
fossbender

Great idea, no dice. I'll give them a call. Thanks.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 3:06 PM, ROBMIL3617 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Battery concerns are not what we want for you. Allow us to help. Has your jetpack been exposed to any physical/water damage? Were you able to make a call to customer support in regard to your concern? 

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes