Re: MiFi 7730L inner system date time
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

My guess is that the MiFi does not know how to contact any local Time Servers for the Eastern Europe/Ukraine area of the globe.  You may have to wait until you can return to a normal VZW service area before the date function on the MiFi functions correctly.

As long as the internet is working through your current carrier then I would just ignore the time stamps for now.

That or show all your friends that you are actually a time traveler from the not so distant past : )

0 Likes
bios

Yes, I think too that issue with Time Servers connection problem, or setting on MiFi which do not give working this function proper with "non Verizon" SIM card. Buy the way firmware update working too only in Verizon network as far as I know.

This is not good I think, because device is positioned like "multi-standart" and working around the world.

"actually a time traveler from the not so distant past : )"

Yeah, something like that:)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the accurate time stamp is important, Yuriy.  Because you are using your device on another carrier, not all features or services are guaranteed to work.  I do recommend making sure that you have the most up to date software: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.  If this does not help, you can always contact the manufacturer,  Novatel, for additional support regarding using this device with another carrier: https://www.inseego.com/product/mifi-7730l-mobile-hotspot/.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bios

Updates doesn't work with non Verizon sim card. Thanks for Novatell link.

0 Likes
bios

On there site is:

"* MiFi® support is offered through the service provider/carrier that sold/activated the device."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bios, Thanks for providing that information. With you using your device with another carrier's Sim card we can't guarantee anything when it comes to updates and date and time. Were you experiencing this issue when you were using the Verizon Sim card?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bios

My Verizon sim not working here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bios wrote:

My Verizon sim not working here.

And it won't without an active Verizon Wireless line and connection to the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bios, It's important that you get the most out of your MiFi. Let's take a step back and find the best solutions for you. I know that you're currently in Ukraine, is this temporary or do you live there? Are you currently a Verizon customer with an active account? If so, what happens when you try to use your MiFi with the Verizon SIM card?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bios

Hi. Now I live here. I'm not register Verizon devices, but I buy Veriozon production. Now I use Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo 2 (XT1585), and this Verizon MiFi 7730L. Also I have Verizon sim card - but card is not link to any network if use with MiFi 7730L. And only emergency mode if use with Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Roaming is not working too.

0 Likes