MiFi 7730L not broadcasting WiFi signal after 3A firmware update
nickmgray

After I installed the 3A firmware update on my MiFi 7730L last week, the device stopped broadcasting a WiFi signal. I have checked all the settings and done a hard reset multiple times, but none of my other devices are able to see the wifi network. I have also tried connecting to the wifi manually by adding the network to my PC and typing in the name of the WiFI network that the MiFi says it is broadcasting, but it says that the network does not exist.

I can plug the MiFi device directly into my laptop and tether via USB, but that's not ideal since I have other devices which need to connect to the MiFI as well.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 7730L not broadcasting WiFi signal after 3A firmware update
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There are lots of threads on the MiFi 7730 3A firmware upgrade.  See any of them for more details.

The current solutions are to contact VZW and request a replacement device.  If they provide you with another 7730 then attempt to disable automatic firmware updates until the next patch is available.

VZW needs to work with the manufacturer to fix this problem.  The best way to give the problem the attention it needs is to call this issue in to VZW directly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nickmgray,

Having a properly functioning MiFi is critical and it's sad to hear that the software update has done more harm than good with the update that just took place. Let's get to the bottom of this so you can be back up and running as quickly as possible.

What is the signal strength of your MiFi when you are trying to connect? Here is a quick link on viewing signal strength, just in case: http://spr.ly/6586DSLnu.

Also, please power down the device, remove the SIM card, and leave the device off for a few minutes. Then, place the SIM card back in the appropriate slot/position and power back on. Here is a resource on how to perform these steps: http://spr.ly/6587DSLnR.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TOMANDVAL

I am having the very same issues and am extremely frustrated. My device worked perfectly before you forced an update on it. Please find a fix soon!!!!!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

The current solutions are to contact VZW and request a replacement device.  If they provide you with another 7730 then attempt to disable automatic firmware updates until the next patch is available.

0 Likes