Re: MiFi 8800L
verizonmacmoo

Mine is doing the same. Reboots about every 15 minutes.

I went back to the Verizon shop were I purchased it and they did a reset and called support but they weren't able to offer any help. And, since it is more than 14 days since I purchased  (20 days) they won't replace it.

So unless a firmware update fixes the issue I've got a 200 dollar paperweight.

Please fix this ASAP.

John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to hear this device is rebooting Chinmom. 20 to 30 times a day is too often. Let's look into this together. Is your device damaged? Did this start after an update? Is it doing this when a particular device is connected to it or all devices? JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your jetpack working to stay connected, we'll be glad to help. Could you tell us when did this problem start? Have you made any recent updates to it? Does it have any physical or water damage?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
verizonmacmoo

I haven't made any changes to the device. It is brand new. Purchased one month ago. It has never been dropped. It reboots constantly. I took it into the Verizon store where I purchased it from just over 14 days after the purchase and they reset it and installed a new Sim card. It still continues to reboot every 15 minutes or so and sometimes more frequently.  The Shop Manager told me there is nothing they can do as it is past is 14 day return period so they can't swap it out with a new one.

Any suggestions would be much appreicated. 

John

0 Likes
verizonmacmoo

Still rebooting... Please someone update the firmware or do something...

John

0 Likes
LeBlackNight

This is a known issue for this device. My understanding of the problem is that it reboots when it hits a certain data amount (921MB or somewhere around there) for some unknown reason. Apparently Verizon is testing a firmware fix and we are all hoping it comes out soon. I am having the same issue. There is also discussion that having Verizon reprovision your account again like it is a brand new account helps, but I have not done that so can’t provide personal evidence of such. Researching the problem will turn up many people out n your situation. 

0 Likes
mtroast
Enthusiast - Level 1

WHEN is this going to be fixed?? I made the mistake of getting the 8800L 10 days ago. The 1st Jetpack rebooted every 5 minutes. I returned it, was given another 8800L. This Jetpack is doing the same thing.
I work online & this is unacceptable!

0 Likes
joecaldwell

GOOD NEWS!!! The update is now out!!!  Download it as soon as you can.  Not perfect but much better.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mtroast
We definitely need to fix this. Is the software up to date on your device? 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
verizonmacmoo

Updated the device overnight and finally the rebooting issue has been fixed. Today I've had a strong solid connection for over 10 hours, where previously it was less than 15 minutes. 

Thanks for finally addressing this issue. 

John

0 Likes