MiFi worked one day, now get buffering on live TV
USPSBLUETRAIN

So I just started using a Verizon Jetpack yesterday for access to internet. I hooked up my TV with Amazon Fire Stick. Watched live TV for hours yesterday, no issues. Supposedly have unlimited data. Now today, when I want to watch live TV again, it buffers. What's going on?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi worked one day, now get buffering on live TV
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked how much hotspot data you have used? Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
USPSBLUETRAIN

I supposedly have unlimited data. That’s what I bought on Friday. However, late yesterday I received an email from Verizon saying that I only had 10% of my data left – after 1 day of streaming! And if I have unlimited data, why would I receive a message saying I only had 10% left? I called the salesperson and she assured me I have unlimited data.

Just tried my DirectTVNow app and it’s still buffering like crazy.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have unlimited data, but you don't have unlimited speed. With the Above and Beyond Unlimited Plans, you are restricted on how much high speed hotspot data you are allowed before you are slowed down to 3G speeds (max 600 kbps) for the remainder of the billing cycle. Compare Unlimited | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

USPSBLUETRAIN, your network experience with data services is important to us. We are here to ensure you have all the information you need. Normally the email will provide more details, such as that you have 10% of 4G LTE speeds and the speeds reduce to 3G as Ann154 mentioned. The network is shared, so the data is unlimited meaning no overages and continued use, but there are limitations on how much 4G speeds can be used each cycle. We truly apologize this information was not provided in the past. Please click on number seven of the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/#mobile-hotspot-15gb for the details and options. We hope this information is beneficial in answering the concerns.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes