MiFi7730L keeps powering down and up again
JENV20032000X

This problem has gotten worse and worse.  If a device is connected, Jetpack powered down 3 times in 5 minutes.  You can imagine how frustrating this can be when trying to work.  Problem started after firmware update.  Never had a problem before and I got the Jetpack in Jan 2018.  Please HELP!  I went to Verizon store on Saturday and all they did was reset it.  Did not help.  Can you update the firmware so the Jetpack works as intended again?  Do I need to go back to Verizon and get a replacement considering I got this only 7 months ago?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi7730L keeps powering down and up again
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Problem started after firmware update.

The recent 3A firmware update for the MiFI 7730 is causing this behavior.

Contact VZW and have them send you a replacement device.  There are many threads in the community about this subject and no other fixes at this time.  Some reported that a replacement 7730 did the trick, but they have not yet pulled the 3A firmware update.  Hopefully VZW has disabled that one from automatically updating on more devices.  If not they will have to swap you with a different MiFi model.

0 Likes
dmande48

i'm having same issue.  mine started after software update a week or so ago.  it's a jetpack supplied by the company i work for.  i've talked with them, we've had a conference call with Vzn tech support and they've sent me another one and it does the same thing.  Is there any way to go back to the old software before the update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that your device is working for you. When did you update the device?

LauraL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dmande48

Don't know if your response is a generic response to all posters on this thread, but My first device updated about 2 weeks ago to 3A update and as soon as it did, the problem started.  i contacted the company that i work for, who supply my internet and devices for my job.  the person at my company and I had a conference call with tech support at Vzn and the decision at that time was to reboot my device after pulling the battery and see if it solved problem.  It didn't solve it.  it didn't happen as frequently afterwards, so i called my company again and we spoke with tech support again.  they sent a new jet pack last week and it updated as soon as i plugged it in and it has never worked correctly.  I am using my home verizon internet, which does not have unlimited 4G LTE as my work jetpack and i have reached my limit on 4G data and it is slow.  I work on production for my job and this isn't helping my productivity at all.  I need to find a way to roll back to prior firmware.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Call VZW and have them to replace this MiFi too.  Replacements are not an acceptable solution as long as the firmware update is getting pulled automatically. 

If your internet access is critical and you don't want to play the return and escalate game with VZW then request a different model.  Otherwise if you can afford to send a few dud MiFis back to VZW and help us generate the attention we need to expedite a solution it would be appreciated.

0 Likes
dmande48

if i had the authority to do that, I would.  but my internet is supplied by my employer and they have protocol they have to follow.  They are aware of the problems with the second jetpack and i asked them if it would be appropriate to see if i could find a way to roll it back to a prior version of firmware before we seek replacement again and they said to try that since Vzn didn't seem to have another update ready or a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dande48, I know how important it is to have working internet, especially for work. I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Regretfully, there is no way to roll back to a previous software version. Based on all that you've told us, I would definitely recommend having your employer (since the account is in their name) reach out to us to replace the device. We can certainly work with them on a proper solution to this, as we want to make sure that service is working flawlessly. 

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

There is no way to roll back the firmware.

You need a different model or a 7730 with an older firmware loaded onto it.  Then suspend automatic updates and continue to do so until a patch higher than 3A is available.

0 Likes
Karlajo24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a jet pack MiFi 8800L and have replaced it on Sunday as it was doing the same thing. Unfortunately the replacement is also doing it. This is a $200 product - and looking at the threads it looks like this has been happening for years. What’s the solution? I live in a rural area and have to travel to get to the store. This besides my phone is the only source of internet access. I have already spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the issues. 

0 Likes