Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orbic Speed and Xbox One maybe same on the PS4
Willcrow77

Is there any way to portforward or mess with the settings in the Orbic speed to fix the nat type from being strict? I have tried setting up the portforwarding to match the port and ip address of the Xbox and still get a strict nat type. Has anyone been able to get better than strict? I can usually play games and stream shows decently only a little lagging in the games. Downloads however are usually swaps between 500mbps and 1000mbps which takes all night for a 3 gig update. If anyone has any clues to fix this please send it my way. #orbic speed #Xbox One

0 Likes
Re: Orbic Speed and Xbox One maybe same on the PS4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is a great question. The answer is the NAT type cannot generally be altered, as the function of the jetpack is a private internet connection for security. This means you would need a personal workaround in this situation such as a static IP by utilizing a VPN, or a different option such as utilizing our Home LTE option if it is available in your area. A link for it is here: https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet/, if this service is available to you, it may be beneficial to replace the jetpack with it, as there are less limitations. I hope this helps. *Gert

0 Likes
Re: Orbic Speed and Xbox One maybe same on the PS4
Willcrow77

A home wifi is not an option for me, I move locations about every 3 months therefore a hardwired connection is not an option and generally will not be available in the areas I move to. Do you know of a good option for utilizing the VPN?

0 Likes