robertstrauch
Enthusiast - Level 2

"We hope this helps"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

0 Likes
Re: Running MIFI7730L with out battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with that Jetpack, musicdoctordj. I know this situation is far from ideal. You are correct that we no longer sell batteries or even this device. However, I'm happy to help figure this out. Are you using the original charger in good condition in a known working outlet? Is there any damage to the Jetpack? Is the charging port loose, corroded, bent or does it display any other damage? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
robertstrauch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dude--I had a brand new $50 hotspot, and it horrid, and the battery swelled up.  I got a MiFi off eBay, and it worked better, but the battery swelled.  We are talking about sending people to Mars, and you guys can't make a hotspot that doesn't overheat the battery?  If you look on the Internet, a lot of people have this same problem.  It has NOTHING to do with the original wire or anything else you said.  You are grasping at straws because you guys have no solution.

I live where no wires come out to my house, nor will they probably ever come out there in my lifetime.  Satellite internet is no good--it doesn't work when there are clouds.  I can use a hotspot, or I can use my phone as a hotspot.  Those are my internet choices.  Do you have any other options?  Again, nobody is going to run any wires out here.  AT&T won't even run telephone internet out here.

0 Likes
robertstrauch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see you do have another choice.  Pay $250 for a home router, and then about $800 a month for the service.  Makes me wonder who buys that......

0 Likes
Magpie13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe y'all need to find a better manufacturer of hotspots...and get a contract with them.  I LOVED my two netgear hotspots when I was with AT&T.  They would work with/without a battery and when using a battery, they didn't swell it.  Verizon is the best overall cellular service provider, but y'alls hotspots are truly terrible...and have been for years.  It is obvious that y'all really DON'T care about your customers as you keep offering up garbage...and by now, you have to know this is true.  Your premier device 8800L...just look at the reviews...it's terrible.  Look up the Netgear Nighthawk and see what people say about it.  Why can't Verizon get a contract with Netgear????????????????????

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Sorry to hear about the issues with that Jetpack, musicdoctordj. I know this situation is far from ideal. You are correct that we no longer sell batteries or even this device. However, I'm happy to help figure this out. Are you using the original charger in good condition in a known working outlet? Is there any damage to the Jetpack? Is the charging port loose, corroded, bent or does it display any other damage? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to assist you with any concerns you may have. The questions asked can definitely affect the function of the device. The manufacturer will always say you should use charging units that are specifically made and approved for the device. As far as other options, we only have the Jetpacks listed on our website. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
Magpie13
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Our goal is to assist you with any concerns you may have. The questions asked can definitely affect the function of the device. The manufacturer will always say you should use charging units that are specifically made and approved for the device. As far as other options, we only have the Jetpacks listed on our website. DoloresK_VZW

What you SHOULD have said, was "I hear what you are all saying and will ensure this gets to the attention of those who make the decisions on which jetpacks become part of the Verizon family".  Anything else is pointless...as is your response.

deloused
Master - Level 3

Not possible, Verizon doesn't make those products 

0 Likes
Gregg271828
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon truly is brain dead when it comes to this sort of thing. On second thought, Verizon is brain dead on most things. Lets start with how they name their so called "plans".... "Play More Unlimited 5G UW", "Do More Unlimited 5G UW", "Get More Unlimited 5G UW". How dumb is that...? Play more-get more - do more.... it's like their marketing to a 13 year old - which is how I think, Verizon perceives it's customer base. Wake up Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

After reviewing the feedback you've provided here, that's certainly not the way we want you to feel about Verizon. Our customer's concerns are our concerns too and we're always here to help. We'd like to turn this around. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

- RobertC_VZW

0 Likes