Security issue on new verizon Jetpack® MHS900L
ianmvb

I just bought a Verizon Ellipsis® Jetpack® MHS900L today. The problem is that as soon as it is turned on, it displays my password and private information unencrypted. How can I set it to NOT display this information? I mean all anyone would have to do is grab my device for a few seconds, long enough to hit the button a few times and it gives the device name and password in the little display window. How can I make it NOT show this information?

0 Likes
Re: Security issue on new verizon Jetpack® MHS900L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, ianmvb. We understand the importance of account security. When did this first start?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> How can I set it to NOT display this information?

You don't, physical access to the device trumps any kind of digital security you can configure on the device to try and hide this information.

> I mean all anyone would have to do is grab my device for a few seconds, long enough to hit the button a few times and it gives the device name and password in the little display window.

Yes, and if they have physical access to your Jetpack they can also send a Restore Defaults request and undo any security settings you have in place too.  Thus securing or hiding the info on the control panel is not an actual security benefit.

> How can I make it NOT show this information?

You hide and physically secure your Jetpack from any malicious users.  This can be done by turning the Jetpack upside down, leaving it in a pocket, leaving it in the protective sleeve they are often delivered with, or leaving it in your back in a locked compartment.

0 Likes
michael888888
I'm having problems with mine too.
0 Likes
michael888888
he's back somebody hacked into everything I have.
0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

What evidence do you have to suggest that your Verizon device was the source of the problem?

Please describe in detail what you mean by "hacked into everything I have".

In the mean time the first thing you should be doing when you fear your devices and accounts have been compromised is reset your passwords.  Change the WiFi password on the VZW device, chance the passwords of any accounts that you feel have been compromised too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Michael888888, we are truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing such a thing. In this world of technology, we know that there are always others working to maliciously take information. We do suggest reporting these crimes to your local officials for investigation. Also, you may change the password for your device by following the steps at http://spr.ly/6580DoJsj.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes