Set Up a IP Extender to Hot Spot
Skully5189

Having issues setting up my Hot spot to be my gateway or device that connects to the Internet. Have a Linksys Router that is plugged into a WIFI Extender. Just not able to connect it all up. Thoughts, Ideas, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Set Up a IP Extender to Hot Spot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skully, we want to ensure you can connect to your hotspot as needed. We just need some clarifying details first. Are you using a mobile hotspot from a phone or a jetpack hotspot device? Which make and model device are you using for your hotspot, Does your WiFi Extender support both 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Skully5189

I am using my Jetpack Hot Spot. The Extender does support both 2.4 and 5.0 GHZ. It is the AC 791L Device that I am trying to use as the hot spot. If you want to I can get set up so I can plug into my devices and I can go on line with either the Hot spot of the extender and then you can call and I can go over any and all of the set up.

I want to plug a Ethernet cable into the Extender to go to a Router. This Wireless NetGear router will then connect up to my NVR for camera's.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying. I am sorry as we are unable to support the ability to route the data connection through another router. The standard data connection through the cellular service uses a dynamic IP which may not allow the gateway to be locked in like a normal home internet service.    YaleK_VZW

0 Likes