Slow Jetpack MIFI7730
TXMONEYBAGS
Enthusiast - Level 2

My jetpack is running super slow.  I have done a hard and soft restart.  I have to use my phone for a hotspot.  Very aggravating!!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow Jetpack MIFI7730
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@JTMORG1 That's not how we want our customers to feel. We strive to provide the best of the best. We want to see our customers happy and satisfied with our services and products. Our unlimited data plan is a great option. Having fast speed is a priority. Check out our "Unlimited Data FAQs" page http://vz.to/2mKv61L refer to # 9 for additional information. We want to make sure your devices are working correctly; are you having problems with your phone? We are here to help.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have? How much data have you used?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TXMONEYBAGS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have unlimited data.  My phone is on the same plan, and it's hot spot works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help TXMONEYBAGS. I know how important it is to have the fastest speeds.

How long have you experienced the slower speeds on your Jetpack? How much data have you used with the Jetpack? With the new unlimited data plan, once you have reached 10GB on a Jetpack the speeds are reduced to 3G until the start of the new bill cycle.

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cmac181
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have the same issue. it runs slow regardless of whether at the end of the billing cycle or not...i could have just used my phone hotspot instead of spending $20 more a month...i am furious.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@cmac181

It’s important to me that you’re happy with our wireless devices and our network. I’m sorry if this hasn’t been your experience while using your Jetpack device. Please allow me to address this wireless concern for you.

You mentioned your data runs slow at different times. Do you have any other Verizon Wireless devices that experience this slow speed issue at this location or is it only when you’re using your Jetpack device? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

This is a lie. Speeds are reduced to well below what the normal accepted speed range of 3G is. Do yourself a favor and look somewhere other than Verizon for your internet needs.

TXMONEYBAGS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seriously, what good is unlimited data if my speeds get slowed to under 1mb/s after 10 gigs?!?!  There goes $200 down the crapper.  Thanks Verizon  So stupid!!!!!!

JTMORG1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your answer is total [Removed]. You know that the jetpack gets throttled to about .50Mb/s after 10 Gigs. It is totally useless at that speed, and we have to pay $20.00 a month for a paperweight. I bet you were the one that sold me this [Removed] with the assurance that it would work, "just like my phone". I plan on telling EVERYONE what a ripoff scheme Verizon is promulgating. Shame!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

TERHEM86
Enthusiast - Level 3

How you fix this is filing a formal complaint with the FCC. That is what I did. In two days, I had a response from Verizon Executive Offices. Made a deal where I returned the jetpack after the return period was over, was refunded for the month they [Removed] me out of and waiver of Early Termination fee. I had just purchased the jetpack shortly after Unlimited was announced. Please report to the FCC so they can see how big this fraud was.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator