Slow speeds and its brand new
geebra89

I just bought this jetpack a day ago. Within the first night when i had 4g LTE. I was trying to run my xbox off of it plahing games or streaming videos and it was extremeley slow and i went through my 4g in less than 5 hours. The store told me my town was for 4g so why are my speeds so slow?

0 Likes
Re: Slow speeds and its brand new
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you use 10 GB of hotspot data in 5 hours?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
geebra89

Yes but why were the speeds so slow even from the beginning

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

My guess is that you hooked up your Xbox or other devices to the internet and they immediately began to download updates and patches.  This bogged down your connection and contributed to you going over the 10 GB limit within 5 hours.  Now you will have to make due with 3G speeds until your data plan resets.

I would advise disabling automatic updates on your xbox until you feel comfortable with your data usage needs.  Try to offload your major downloads and updates for a non metered network connection if you have access to one and leave the Jetpack for normal playing.  Playing games online usually doesn't consume much data, its the patches and the major updates that cause problems.

0 Likes
geebra89

What about the speeds whether it be during the first day I got it to now

the speeds were not sufficient enough to load a YouTube video with 720

pixel quality without pausing. I was informed ponder was 4g area but these

speeds are slower than molasses.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

When talking about speed we need to use an apples to apples comparison to measure performance.  This will help us benchmark your observations against others to determine if something is unusual or not.  Random YouTube video at 720p and slower than molasses is not specific enough

Try running a speedtest.net the next time your billing cycle resets.  4G LTE speeds should be anywhere from 5-12 Mbps.  Anything lower than that is either a problem or 3G speeds.  Run it a minimum of 3 times to build a nice average and report your findings. 

0 Likes
geebra89

So what ali suppose to compare it to. All I know is it doesn't work well

compared to regular internet or my friends at&t hot spot. I was told in

the store that this would work and now it does but not nearly the way I

want it to.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> So what ali suppose to compare it to

Speedtest.net is a great place to start.  Run this test a few times and record the results.  Build an average between 3+ runs if you want to summarize.  Since we can also run Speedtest.net from our Verizon devices we can help you evaluate if what you are seeing is normal or not.

> it does but not nearly the way I want it to.

Right, your expectations may not be inline with the actual performance of the network.  Sharing the speedtest results will help us confirm if your expectations are realistic or not.

0 Likes