Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Slow speeds on Jetpack
Bladrak

I have a jetpack for home internet, a MiFi 7730L, and the New Verizon Unlimited plan.  Right after my monthly reset I am able to get max download speeds of up to 1.5Mb/s.  We are in an area that should have full 4G coverage but I rarely get more than 2-3 bars.  After I reach the 15Gb limit for the month I am supposed to have speeds up to 600kb/s but I almost never get over 100kb/s.  Why is this? Does the limiter work by capping the max download speed or does it work by slowing the speed to a percentage of the max available?  If it's the former I should still be able to get the advertised speed.  Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Slow speeds on Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a fast connection where you need is very important and we do want to make sure that we look into this for you, Bladrak.  What’s the zip code where this is happening?  When it comes to the speeds, are other Verizon users experiencing the same difficulties at the same location with their phones when not on Wi-Fi?  Do the speeds improve if you try running a speed test outside?

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm more than happy to answer your question, Bladrak. I can see as to why you may be needing some additional information. However, your data speeds can reach up to 600kbps after you've reached your 15GB limit. 

CecileC_VZW

oursquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since going from Data XLL 18GB to the Unlimited Plan on 4G LTE my internet has slowed to a crawl.  My bill has gone up substantially but my internet has slowed to a crawl...Regular website pages take forever to load and then refresh; download of basic software crawls and then can time out.  I can't even get a simple anti-virus program to install because it downloads the agent at speeds from 0 to 70KB/sec and the program software is nearly half a gig and after two hours plus of getting a third to a half of it downloaded it conks out.  My emails take forever to sink or sit in the outbox for a while and it takes several restarts and resends to get them to go.  My Samsung phone software - such as Google Play or Chrome or anything needing wifi moves at a snail's pace.  Very unhappy customer

oursquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

typo  sync not sink.

btw, when trying to get important window 10 pages to work on Edge or IE I make sure from Task Manager that all other useless background processes and other activity is closed to maximize memory and CPU and guess what?  The Verizon internet still terrible.  I live in an area just outside the main city where HOA politics and greed or lack of incentives for other companies restrict where there is cable offered, so in my neighborhood must use - as I have had to for the last 15 years - cell tower air service.   Have been with Verizon a long time but this is the worst wifi lately.  I question if upgrading from my Verizon jetpack to a hard-wired installed on outside of house core wifi receiver/router might help?   Supposedly 5G coming and will "revolutionize our lives."  Well I'm not holding my breath.  Can't get security cameras or doorbell I'm told by vendor pros who have been in here because my download and upload speeds are way too slow to get usable video and/or store it for even a semblance of 24 x 7 protection.   Don't understand why it should be so difficult, considering what I pay, to get decent basic speeds on 4G...I'm not a data hog and rarely use more than 12-20GB a month so I shouldn't be deliberately "throttled" by the company, but who knows?