Still Lying About Data Plans I See
Robert2002
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last month I purchased a Verizon jetpack with a so called "unlimited" plan. NOWHERE in the large text or small text for the plan could I find any information about a data cap after which point my speed would be throttled. However, I am not dumb, so I pressured the salesperson to find out what it is and tell me. Apparently it took some time for the Verizon employee to find the information as well, and I was told that after I use 150GB per month I would be throttled to 3mbps for the remainder of the month. Fine, I thought, I can deal with it. WRONG, I was throttled to 600kbps! There is a huge difference between 3 and 0.6 when dealing with speeds this slow! I was blatantly lied to about the service I would receive and now out 100's of dollars that I could have spent on Starlink internet!

Re: Still Lying About Data Plans I See
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The limit on premium speeds is a pain point. To be sure of every option, is the Verizon Jetpack service that you have along with a smartphone line of service? The reason for asking is that we'd want to see to it that you get the most out of every dollar spent as well as discover what mobile hot spot can be set up with the smartphone once the 15GBs have been used.

https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet/

-David

0 Likes