Switching out Jetpacks
Mrwalleye
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just updated my account and it states that my Jetpack is non Verizon .. but it is.  My older jetpack was acting strange and a friend passed away leaving me his belongings ... he had a newer jetpack so I put my SIM card in it and it seems to be working fine.  Why would Verizon say that it is non Verizon as it is a Verizon jet pack?  I just upgraded from a 5G to an 8G data plan ... Will this cause problems when I travel?

0 Likes
Re: Switching out Jetpacks
Mrwalleye
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I get rid of my name on here?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mrwalleye wrote:

How do I get rid of my name on here?

Only YOU see your name - I see Mrwalleye (a screen name).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mrwalleye, sorry for your loss. We're here to help you in any way possible. Was your friend's jetpack a non- Verizon jetpack? When you changed the SIM card did you activate the jetpack or did it automatically start working?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mrwalleye
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info regarding name.  The jetpack is a Verizon one, was on a Verizon account.  I had his account cancelled, put my sim in it ....... 8 months later .. and it seems to be working fine.?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Mrwalleye. It is important to us that we get to the bottom of why you are seeing the Jet Pack categorized in this way and we are glad to help.

In order for us to take a closer look at the Jet Pack and address these concerns we will want to review account information along with locating this particular device. You can reach out to us on any one of these forums http://vz.to/1V9mLNe Please reach back out to us for any other questions or concerns and we will be ready to help.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes