U620L 3g DHCP lease time
PATTRSN

I have been using this device in my router for a long time.  Works fine.  This week I am in a 3g only area.  Would not connect in router.  I could see on "About" -> Diagnostics that there was available 3g, but when I clicked connect, the circles when round and round forever.

The router support folks asked me to log my attempts and then explained to me that the DHCP lease time was 16 seconds.  They told me that normally it is 10 minutes or more.  But that 16 seconds was just too short a time for the router to deal with. I could not find a way to change that in the web interface. So for the week, I just plugged into laptop and lived without convenience of the router.

Today I have the same symptoms connected directly to the PC.  I see valid 3g network and lights.  But press connect and the circles never end.

Can you help me?

0 Likes
Re: U620L 3g DHCP lease time
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Diagnostics that there was available 3g, but when I clicked connect, the circles when round and round forever.

Kind of sounds like the modem is not able to connect to Verizon for some reason.  This may be getting interpreted by your router as a DHCP issue when really there is no IP address to display at all.  Considering the same problem happens when the router is removed I'd say its something with the modem.

Its not normally possible to perform a hardware reset on a USB modem but if you can find one it would be worth giving it a shot.

The other normal troubleshooting is to power down, find the SIM in the modem, remove it, sit for 60 seconds, reassemble and test.  This can allow your modem to renegotiate with the current towers in your area and resolve temporary problems.

Then there's the same old search for firmware on an alternative connection and attempt to updated it steps.  Sometimes firmware updates can resolve issues like this too.

PATTRSN

Thanks for coming back to me John.  It is possible to do a hardware reset with a paperclip.  I had done that and then had to save some new setting, but no joy.  I had removed the SIM, but not waited 60 seconds.  That seems to be the magic, it is at least working in my laptop now.  I had tried to update the firmware in the past week, but was informed that no new firmware was available.

Thanks

Alex

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the most from your device, PATTRSN. Just to ensure we are on the same page, is the device functioning fully at the current time? If not, please explain further.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATTRSN

John, Yes it is functioning correctly now.  I must explain that I live in a motorhome and moved yesterday.  Now I am in a location with great 4G coverage.  So things have changed.

My ideal situation is this U620L card plugged into a router which covers the motorhome.

What I have learned, and perhaps this will benefit someone else.

1. under the back is the sim card.  Remove for 60 seconds and reinstall.

2. under the back is a reset button.  Needs to be pressed for 3-5 seconds with power to the unit.

3. If all else fails put it in a laptop.  And get it to work there.  Then when that is happy transfer to the router.

thanks again John.  I am muddling along, but things seem to be working now.

Alex

0 Likes