Unlimited data: Hotspot vs JetPack
soniadaniel

In a chat with a Verizon representative, I asked about Verizon's JetPack and what the difference was from using a hot spot. She claims that with the purchase of a JetPack, once you reach 10GB data, what the JetPack allows you to do is continue to receive unlimited data at 4G, without a decrease. The info seems contradictory to what it says on the website. Can someone clarify?

[Removed]

chat transcription removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited data: Hotspot vs JetPack
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Jetpack is a hotspot device and therefore subject to the 10 GB of LTE high speed data restrictions. You can continue to use the data at 3G speeds after 10 GB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Jetpack is a hotspot device and therefore subject to the 10 GB of LTE high speed data restrictions. You can continue to use the data at 3G speeds after 10 GB.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

That Verizon representative is misinformed.

harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

It seems as though they were all misinformed...until the complaint calls started pouring in

0 Likes
JWeddle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann, is .25 down and .5 up 3G?

That's what it's throttled to.

Autotraker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. The 3G speed they are throttling us back to is almost unusable. During a good period I may get 0.60Mbps and usually its down around 0.25Mbps. I did read about the 10GB limit but sales rep told me not to worry about it since they will only enforce the throttle if the local cell site is congested. It was not only not true it was a downright lie. And the first month they didn't throttle me at all. They waited till I couldn't return the JetPack before they started enforcing the limit. Pretty shady stuff going on. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

soniadaniel, we always want to ensure that you're getting accurate information from us. We apologize for any misinformation you may have received. To clarify, the Jetpack and the hotspot are both treated the same way. Once you have used your 10 GB allowance, your speeds will change from 4G to 3G. You can check out all the details in #9 here: http://vz.to/2lPrxqM

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry for the confusion, Soniadaniel. We always want to be clear and accurate when we're setting expectations and I apologize it doesn't seem to have happened in your situation.

As it says on our FAQ page, your hotspot data is unlimited, but you will receive 10GB of LTE speed, and afterwards will continue using 3G speed. It's covered in #9 here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=Unlimited Data FAQs*

If your needs would be better suited to more than 10GB of high speed data, you can check out our Data Only plans, that range past 10GB up to 100GB. Check them out here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/data-only-plan/?t=hotspotdata

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes