VERIZON JETPACK 791L
JAMIEW55

We live in a remote area but do have access to 4G LTE (thank you Verizon), so we are using that as our primary data source.  We recently acquired a jetpack which we are using as a hotspot.  The signal coming in is 3 bars- anywhere from 10 to 20 Mbps download- and it works quite well if you are close to it.  However, if I go into another room the signal drops dramatically. (1) Is this normal for the device and if it is (2) is there a way I can extend the signal (i.e through a bridge)?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Jamie

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON JETPACK 791L
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> However, if I go into another room the signal drops dramatically.

This is expected.  Jetpacks are personal mobile hotspot devices and are not intended to be a primary home router for your home with 24/7 connectivity needs.  Verizon has better 4G Devices for this scenario that will perform better.  Because a Jetpack is mobile the wireless radius is relatively small and weak compared to other full sized options.

> (1) Is this normal for the device

Without even looking at the site survey results from your home, Yes.

> (2) is there a way I can extend the signal (i.e through a bridge)?

Replace the Jetpack with a 4G LTE router or a 4G modem + Home router combo kit or Verizon 4G LTE Internet installed which are all intended and better suited for a stationary 24/7 connection scenario than a Jetpack.  Don't mess around with repeaters or bridges on this one, get a better device first.

0 Likes
JAMIEW55

Thanks for the response. Does Verizon offer devices such as you have

indicated? Can you send me links to those products. I want to mention

again that we have no internet assess except through wireless.

Jamie

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 8:43 AM John_Getzke <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon LTE Internet and Home Phone | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes