Verizon Hotspot Appears to Block Netflix & Vooks
Andrewhiscane

Verizon just started blocking Netflix and Vooks for me if I stream to my ipad via my phone’s hotspot. I have confirmed this is an issue with Verizon blocking the streaming servers, because if I route all the streaming traffic through a VPN everything works again.

We use the hotspot to occasionally play netflix for our 2 year old when we’re on a road trip. Let’s just say, he was pretty upset when it suddenly stopped working.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Hotspot Appears to Block Netflix & Vooks
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andrewhiscane, thanks for elaborating on your dilemma, we want to find a fix. When did the issue start (did it work before) and what exactly happens (lags, freezes, error message, no service, etc.)? Does this happen when you try to use other streaming services (Hulu, YouTube, etc.)? Since you are using a VPN and the hotspot works correctly, have you thought about permanently routing it this way?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Andrewhiscane wrote:

Verizon just started blocking Netflix and Vooks for me if I stream to my ipad via my phone’s hotspot. I have confirmed this is an issue with Verizon blocking the streaming servers, because if I route all the streaming traffic through a VPN everything works again.

We use the hotspot to occasionally play netflix for our 2 year old when we’re on a road trip. Let’s just say, he was pretty upset when it suddenly stopped working.

Have you reached the cap on your phones hotspot?   Depending on which plan you have your phones hotspot is capped at 10, 15, up to 30 gigs of data, then speed of that connection is restricted to 600 kbps which is insufficient for streaming video

Verizonis-AllLies

Verizon terrible! 

0 Likes