Re: Verizon lied about data throttle?
Autotraker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not waiting for half a month. JetPack going in toilet today and canceling that out first. Phones will switch as soon as I can get into a T-Mobile store. What it comes down to is the sales reps lied. Not one misinformed rep but the store manager. Not one misinformed store manager and his sales force, the corporate reps who verified his lies. Then when you call them out on the lies they hide behind the fine print. My mistake for believing the lies and even when I did read the fine print I was told not to worry about it since it will not effect me. It not only effects me but thousands of people who all got the same lie Nationwide. Complaining does no good, this company just has no intention of making anything right with their customers. I'll vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.

0 Likes
dsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hate people that abuse  "Unlimited" data. LTE is not and never will be a complete replacement for a real wired broadband connection. It slows down the network for everyone else because you decided you are too cheap to buy a real connection or live in a dumb area where it's not an option for a wired line. Then come on and complain about it. Sure watch Netflix on your phone, that's great but to hook it up as a router, please cancel Verizon and goodbye. People like you ruin and clog network speeds for everyone else.

0 Likes
dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

What complete drivel dsmoke. Your comments do not address the underlying complaint and display a general smug ignorance of internet service costs, availablility, and function. Verizon reps made promises to potential customers. If those promises aren't correct that's not the customers fault but Verizon's. But you probably don't care and are just trolling.

0 Likes
dsmoke
Enthusiast - Level 3

What promises? If it wasn't for John Legere we wouldn't even have unlimited not to mention no bs quality caps on videos. 10 gig hotspot is included which was clearly stated and yes it's unlimited and subject to throttle after 22 gigs during traffic. I don't need my phone being slow because some knucklehead is too cheap to pay for a wired connection and is streaming netflix to a TV in HD cause they are cheap. What lies were there? 10 gigs of hotspot included is pretty fair as is plenty to use per month if you are not abusing it. I'm just glad they brought it back, if you don't like it then leave. Sprint's Unlimited is total trash unless your next to the tower on B41.

dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

The promises and assurances of the in store sales representatives (which by any definition are authorized agents of Verizon). If you read the threads more you'd understand the complaints a little better. Your comments appear to assume that people are complaining about the hotspot feature on their phones, and there may be a few who are, but the vast majority of complaints are people complaining about the Jetpack, or in my case the "LTE Home Internet and Phone" device (wouldn't the name imply it is a home internet solution?). Reading the threads it sounds like most of us were deceived on both when the throttling kicks in (10 gb vs 22 gb) and how that throttling would occur. Also you don't seem to understand the pricing, as I'm paying a lot more for my "LTE Home Internet and Phone" than I would for Broadband or DSL if either were available in my area.

In my particular case I was told prior to purchase that throttling would occur after 22 gb, and it would be a prioritization type of throttling based on network load. This is exactly how the device functioned in the first two months of service and I was satisfied. Now (after the period in which I am able to easily cancel my contract and return the hardware has lapsed) they throttle me after 10 gb to "3G speeds" which in my case is around 100 - 200 kbps.  This makes my home internet completely unusable for 90% of the billing cycle. Wouldn't you agree this is deception in sales? Verizon is responsible for what their authorized agents tell potential customers. I'd love to be released from my contract if they aren't going to restore the previous level (and promised level) of service. My guess is I'm going to have to file a small claim to do so.

harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

The DSL I cancelled was priced way less than the crappy Verizon that I get now so could you please explain how paying more for Verizon is being "cheap"??

0 Likes
dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

Saw this on one of the other threads: unlimitedville.com. I'm going to pursue this, as I think the "Yellow Plan" coverage in my area is excellent and $99 a month. (I hope this isn't too good to be true, but at this point it's worth a shot). I'll be going to the Verizon store to get a refund on my Verizon device and this month's premium and relief from my contract. If the store is unable to provide this I'll be taking Verizon to small claims court under my state's consumer protection laws.  This is relatively easy to do and includes up to $5,000 in non-economic damages in my state. Speaking of which, does anyone know Verizon's address for Legal Correspondence?

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

I wish you the best of luck and if you end up taking them to court we will be rooting for you. I'm probably going to end up forking out the $175 and moving on from Verizon and never giving them another penny of my money.

0 Likes
dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

Usually a certified letter in the mail stating your dispute and citing relevant state code and claimed damages is sufficient for resolution.

A little old link by internet standards but still relevant:

Suing Big Companies In Small Claims Court Is Fun And Easy – Consumerist

I've used this method before successfully on another company.

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

Hmmm...interesting. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes