WIFI Hotspot to Ehternet
CHAZAAM0808

I have a Solar System that is tracked by ethernet, can I hook a wifi to ethernet adapter to the Hotspot and is so what connection - the connection to charge a phone or the connection to charge the Hotspot.  The connections on the adapter is USB.

0 Likes
Re: WIFI Hotspot to Ehternet
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

We need confirmation on two important pieces of information:

- Your Verizon Device

- The model of the Solar System or the home network device you plan to interact with

Reason being is that with the model numbers we can look up user guides and confirm what features are and are not available between them.  Some Jetpacks offer USB tethering and others do not.  Those that do offer USB tethering need to have supported drivers for the USB connected device, otherwise the USB tether is no good.  That limits the connected devices over USB to supported OS's and various home router models that have the drivers built in on firmware updates.

> can I hook a wifi to ethernet adapter to the Hotspot

If you mean a wireless bridge, then yes.  The Jetpack will see the bridge as any other wireless client, there are no concerns here.  A bridge is a wireless Access Point that then offers an Ethernet cable port for other devices to connect to.

If you mean USB tether, then see the comment above for driver limitations.

> The connections on the adapter is USB

You need to confirm what devices you are referring to here.  See the comments on limitations to USB connections with Jetpacks.

0 Likes
Re: WIFI Hotspot to Ehternet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_Getzke,

I know the importance of clarification when interested in hooking a wifi to ethernet adapter to the Hotspot. We're here to help. What Hotspot device do you have? What's the model of the Solar System or the home network device you plan to interact with, as

0 Likes