WebRTC Connection on ChromeOS disables Verizon MiFi 8800L Data Connection
JD_2772
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently purchased Inseego 8800L MiFI device and discovered WebRTC connections to Google Meet disable the Data Connection. I also confirmed this is a known problem based on this link on GitHub and this article on Reddit.

I can reproduce this issue at will and it does not occur when I use the Hotspot feature on my Android phone. It appears to be limited to the 8800L device.

Has anyone on this forum figured out how to resolve this issue?

Re: WebRTC Connection on ChromeOS disables Verizon MiFi 8800L Data Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JD_2772, we want to make sure you are receiving a proper connection with your 8800L MiFi device. Allow us the opportunity to investigate. Can you please clarify if you lose a data connection on a particular website? What exactly happens when you try to connect? Please share more details.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
JD_2772
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whenever I try to connect to a Google Meeting (meet.google.com) the MiFi device disconnects immediately. When I shut down the Google Meet browser tab, the MiFi device reconnects. I can duplicate the problem at will.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is odd. Other than this specific website, are you having any other issues with your MiFi connection? Does this website require a more secure connection?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
JD_2772
Enthusiast - Level 2

No other problems and this appears to be a known problem per my original post. It seems to be the initiation of WebRTC sessions is dropping the MiFi connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm, that really is strange that it wouldn't allow you to connect to just that website. What we can do is lift this up to be investigated. 

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
kr_91
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having the exact same problem with the 8800L MiFi we just bought. Is there a fix for the issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kr_91-

I know I would be puzzled if I had the same issue. When did you notice this started happening? What device has been connected to the MiFi device when this happens?

-Carmen_VZWSupport

0 Likes
Izzy21221

I share JD_2772's problem. 

In addition to Google Meet it does not work on Microsoft Teams either which was the purpose of buying the jetpack in the first place.

It allows to do anything else but automatically drops the connection every time that I try to join a room in Google Meet or Microsoft Teams.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to assist you with getting to the bottom of this! We will send you a Private Note, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes