What does the latest update do?
dgreen80
Enthusiast - Level 2

...just downloaded onto my 4620LE. Has anyone completed installation of this update?  I assume this was pushed out to fix the last flawed update which caused 4G and VPN connection issues.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Another 4620LE "New Mandatory software update from Verizon Wireless" (Ver. 3.30.13)...
JackTheBearTexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did the 3.30 update and held my breath.The whole thing went pretty smooth.
I have my 4620L connected to a Pepwave SOHO router - Works great - extends the range of the JetPac
Fingers and toes crossed it keeps on trucking - This is all I have to get on the net - There is NO cable out here in the woods.  I have an 18 ft pole with a Yagi antenna on it connected to the 4620L - I think these are the last with an external antenna connection so I got a couple of spares on Ebay.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Another 4620LE "New Mandatory software update from Verizon Wireless" (Ver. 3.30.13)...
jump36
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just completed this 3.30.13 update and can confirm it does not resolve these problems. I'm also having issues maintaining any connection (even 3G), as the unit keeps disconnecting/going dormant.

0 Likes
dgreen80
Enthusiast - Level 2

My install and restart was flakey. It would not connect initially. I reset 4G only back to Global and it then connected. However, it dropped to EVDO and then 1RXTT. I then recycled and it dropped connection several times after just a few minutes. I ultimately pulled the battery and sim, powered without sim, reinstalled sim, and repowered. It has been holding 4G for the last 12 hours hour now. Something new I have noticed is an auto reconnect after disconnect (the log shows a NWPM_EVENT_CALL_CONNECTED after a NWPM_EVENT_CALL_Ended)which never happened before. I don't think the VPN issue is fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dgreen80,

Thank you for updating your 4620LE! We release the software updates to ensure your device is running smoothly and you have only the best experience with it. Please let us know if you have any questions about the update or the function of your mi-fi. Here’s a quick link for the software update information http://vz.to/1gPwx63 .

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information about how your update went, jump36. Have you tried to establish a connection with a VPN at some point with your device too? Are you receiving an error message when you're having connection troubles? What zipcode are you in that's giving you these difficulties? Please share a few more details so we can help find a resolution.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JackTheBearTexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did the 3.30 update and held my breath.The whole thing went pretty smooth.
I have my 4620L connected to a Pepwave SOHO router - Works great - extends the range of the JetPac
Fingers and toes crossed it keeps on trucking - This is all I have to get on the net - There is NO cable out here in the woods.  I have an 18 ft pole with a Yagi antenna on it connected to the 4620L - I think these are the last with an external antenna connection so I got a couple of spares on Ebay.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
JackTheBearTexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is working for me - (knocking on wood)

0 Likes
JackTheBearTexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS - still can't log into the MiFi with the password - but that is not so critical

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Reviews on the new Firmware have been mixed.  Most who installed the problematic 3.30.12 update did not see an improvement with the new firmware 3.30.13.  That being said if you are seeing these symptoms then pursuing a replacement is still the best option.  The devices that never accepted or skipped the bad firmware appear to be performing fine.

We have been experimenting with a solution on some of the other threads that involves a process called HLR/VLR Reset.  This is a high level reset that changes the registration your device has on the 4G LTE network.  Results on this procedure are also mixed so if you try it then please report back to us with any updates.

Kudos to   for this potential solution.

Perform a HLR/VLR reset:

1. Remove the battery from the MiFi

2. Contact VZW phone support at 1 800-922-0204

3. Request the VZW rep perform something called a HLR/VLR Reset

4. Wait for confirmation the reset is complete

5. Power the MiFi back on and test

Some background info:

has been working with Novatel engineers to discover a potential issue in this area.  For those not aware the HLR/VLR system is a database and registration system run by VZW that allows users to connect to the 4G LTE network.  Only VZW can perform a reset at this level, powering down the device by itself is not enough.   

HLR/VLR:

http://www.teletopix.org/gsm/what-is-hlr-and-vlr-and-its-function-in-gsm/

0 Likes
JackTheBearTexas
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fun continues - When I left the house this am - I had 4g connection on my 4620L  albeit pretty slow - Now it is at 3G - Usually a reset - on and off would get me back to 4 G  ----------I had these problems with Sprint and after 7 years left them.  Is Verizon going to start crapping out as well?  I am leery about calling Verizon Tech - they might screw with my plan.  I guess 3 G is better than nothing and perhaps there will be a firmware update soon to correct these problems.  NOT GOOD!!!!

0 Likes