Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
What is a jet pack hot spot
SARWAR26

I’ve heard of this I just have no idea how it works or costs. Do it eliminate needing other internet services? Can I stream to my TV?

thx Sarah

0 Likes
Re: What is a jet pack hot spot
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I would suggest that you read the other discussion threads on this community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Leader
Leader

A "Jetpack" is Verizon's branding of what is traditionally considered to be a "Mobile Hotspot" device.  There are many manufacturers and models of Mobile Hotspots such as Novatel MiFi's.  While these same manufacturers and brand names exists for other carriers, only Verizon refers to them as "Jetpacks".  A normal "Hotspot" is a WiFi service that provides guests access to a network. Like at a coffee shop or library.  Thus a "mobile hotspot" is guest internet access that you can take with you and runs off of a battery.

Hope that makes sense.

There are multiple kinds of cellular internet connection devices:

- Mobile Hotspots / Jetpacks

- USB modems

- 4G routers (both permanent and not)

Verizon offers cellular connectivity over all of these options (pending your service area).  Which one is best for you depends on your situation.  What is the best for one may not be the best for another.

Users who are typically best candidates for mobile hotspots as opposed to the other options are those who need a mobile connection and do not wish to leverage a USB connection.  If you have access to USB or only plan to use the cellular connection in one place then the other options are likely to be a better choice.

To answer your questions:

> Do it eliminate needing other internet services?

If Verizon is the best service provider and your needs can be filled with the data plans that are offered then yes.  Sometimes, like in many rural situations, Verizon and cellular carriers are the best choice.  In city situations there are often better land line based solutions.  But it all depends on what you are attempting to do!

> Can I stream to my TV?

Yes, provided the device from Verizon and the TV are compatible.  If not often times you can "Cast" from another mobile device to the TV using an App.  One way or the other the TV needs a network connection to the internet connection you are attempting to use.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SARWAR26,

The Jetpack is a portable Hotspot device that lets you share your Verizon Wireless network connection with multiple devices. While they are connected they will use data from your monthly plan. The Hotspot is subject to the limits imposed by your data plan. It is not intended to be a permanent substitute for home landline services, especially when used for streaming. 

GinaU_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes