When is verizon going to provide the latest firmware update to this hotspot?
Jamesgangnc

I see lots of posts about updates failing.  And always the same guidance; reset to factory defaults.  That doesn't work.  There are a lot of people stuck at the 02.08.29.00 version of the firmware.  Verizon lists the latest version as 02.08.59.00 and details a lot of new features and improved performance on Verizon's own web pages at .../support/verizon-jetpack-ac791l-update/.  But when you try to have the device check for updates you get an error with no details.

Come on Verizon.  Just post a link to the firmware file.  The device admin page allows users to update via a downloaded file.  Quit giving everyone the run around, just make the file available already.  How about a little decent customer service here?

0 Likes
Re: When is verizon going to provide the latest firmware update to this hotspot?
Jamesgangnc

Model AC791L

0 Likes
Re: When is verizon going to provide the latest firmware update to this hotspot?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I tried searching the usual areas but could not find a publicly available file to download for this model either.

I would suggest contacting VZW directly and work with a support rep on this one. They should be able to provide you with the firmware update file that you need.  If you happen to learn that the files are posted somewhere then write back and share the info with us.

0 Likes
lawrence_jamesnc

I've contacted VZW customer support.  Got me no where.  They tell you to reset it.  Then they try to tell you that your firmware is already current in spite of the fact that Verizon has a web page describing the new firmware.

I think the carrier aggregation feature is a big deal performance wise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jamesgangnc-

We strive to provide the best customer service experience when most needed. Getting the latest update is crucial. What error message are you getting? Do you have a strong WIFI connection when attempting the software update?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If the VZW reps cannot get you the firmware file then you will be out of luck.  Might be worth one more call to VZW to see if they can swap out your Jetpack model with another one that is performing correctly under your warranty.

0 Likes