Which network adpater can be used as a moble hotspot?
tdraym

What network adpt. is used for Verizon mobile hotspot and or jet pack

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: network adpater used for moble hot spot
Weth
Legend

The Broadcom 802.11n Network adapter is the hardware in your PC.  Do you have Windowas updated to the latest update? What version of Windows are you using?

Can an your computer connect to another wifi source?

Can your hotspot and jet pack connect to a different computer?

I suspect the the problem is with your PC and not 2 different Verizon devices.  That is why Verizon can't help.  You need a PC technical person.  If you don't know a computer nerd, then someone like the Best Buy geek squad. 

If if I had to guess, your settings on the computer have an IP or DNS hard set rather than on auto and that is causing the problem. That is where I would look first.  bring up the windows Broadcom adapter and look at the IP settings and tell us what it says. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What are you trying to do? Your question is not answerable.  The hardware used differs based on what jet pack or phone you use for hotspot, plus it doesn't really matter as they all use interchangeable wifi IEEE 802.11 standards.

0 Likes
tdraym

I have a Mifi 6620L jetpack and a Samsung galaxy 5 phone with a mobile hotspot , when I try to connect to the internet they both come up as limited access whit its yellow flag.  So I see some suggest updating my network adpt., but I don't see anything but "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter" in my Device Manager. When I open properties and hit update driver it tells me it is up to date. So how do I find a network adapt.  That is going to make a connection whit these units wireless and give me internet access. I have tried to look for this answer and Verizon stores can't even solve the problem since I got the units a week ago from them. I was hoping if the proper Adapt. was able to download I could resolve this limited access problem. Otherwise I just might as well return all and change plan if nothing is going to work anyways and no help from Verizon. Hope you understand and see what I'm talking about.      Thanks, Have a good Day,                Tim

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The Broadcom 802.11n Network adapter is the hardware in your PC.  Do you have Windowas updated to the latest update? What version of Windows are you using?

Can an your computer connect to another wifi source?

Can your hotspot and jet pack connect to a different computer?

I suspect the the problem is with your PC and not 2 different Verizon devices.  That is why Verizon can't help.  You need a PC technical person.  If you don't know a computer nerd, then someone like the Best Buy geek squad. 

If if I had to guess, your settings on the computer have an IP or DNS hard set rather than on auto and that is causing the problem. That is where I would look first.  bring up the windows Broadcom adapter and look at the IP settings and tell us what it says. 

0 Likes