Why Can't I Connect My Jetpack To My Camera System?
STEKIM24

Hi,

I have a security camera system I'm trying to access remotely.  I'm using a DDNS service to keep track of the internet provider IP address.  I do see in the AC791L "about" menu that the Verizon side of the Jetpack has a 100.x.x.x address.  However, my camera system (a Lorex) is able to register an IP address of 174.238.x.x with the DDNS service.  This must be the public Internet routable IP assigned by Verizon after Natting the 100.x.x.x address.  Unfortunately, even though I know the 174.238.x.x address I cannot connect to the Jetpack and use the port forwarding to connect to the camera system.   Is this just Verizon denying the use of an Internet routable address unless I pay the $500 for a fixed IP?  Or is there something else that can be done?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Why Can't I Connect My Jetpack To My Camera System?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

All Jetpacks are assigned private IP addresses behind the NAT firewall unless you purchase a public IP address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Peg43

Same issue. Verizon needs to tell us we can not use our mini to connect with our security system...& do something about it so it doesn't cost us a fortune!

0 Likes
Peg43

Typo.... MIFI 

0 Likes
Peg43

I was told it is because the MIFI goes to sleep...needs to be awake all the time. I know that is a very simplified answer...more to it than that I would think.

0 Likes