Why Has My Jetpack Speed Slowed After Getting Unlimited Data?
NORMUL92

When I got my jetpack device and upgraded to unlimited data back in March 2017 the info said there was a slowdown from 4G to 3G after 22GB of use per device. Why am I getting an email today that says our whole account used over 10GB and now our speed will slow to 3G max? I do not recall this being in the customer agreement?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Has My Jetpack Speed Slowed After Getting Unlimited Data?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Internet devices like Jetpacks are restricted to 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds. You still have unlimited data, just slower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MICGAS39
Enthusiast - Level 3

It will occur and it definitely is in the terms and agreements.

The throddle shouldn't be causing you much distress... It only drops to threeg speed. It tops at 22 for ALL devices. The one your drawing from for the hotspots and the device you're using.

0 Likes
MICGAS39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Each device doesn't get the full 22g. The devices used together consume that. It's split, but could be worse your throddle could be dropping to 2g like all the others. Verizon only drops you to 3.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Internet devices like Jetpacks are restricted to 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds. You still have unlimited data, just slower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MICGAS39
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not even slow actually, been throttled and actually the speed stays great at 3g.

Ran the speed test.

Love my Verizon.

Thing is most companies throttle at 4

And take you all the way down to 2g.

Forget doing anything at 2 

0 Likes
JACWIL46
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is [Removed] since they never told me that when I switched. just another way for Verizon to get in your pockets.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The FAQs for the plan are available on website. Research and learn the details of the plan before switching.

0 Likes
JACWIL46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was on chat and the Rep said this was the plan for me because I was using over 24 a month. That should have been a requirement since my data was never reduced before.

Autotraker
Enthusiast - Level 2

So all devices have full usage before they get throttled except the JetPack and once you hit that 10GB usage limit I'm throttled back to 30KB/sec. That's like dial up speed.

So why shouldn't the JetPack have the same limits as every other device? After all I am paying the same for the JetPack as I am for a phone.

My understanding was I'd only be throttled back if there is a lot of traffic on the local cell site. Since this cell site is in the middle of no place, I know fully well there is very little traffic on it. Especially not at 2AM and yet I'm throttled 24-7.

And my understanding was I'd just be throttled back to 3G speeds instead of the 4G speeds I normally get. 30KB/sec sure isn't 3G speeds.

0 Likes
Mak19587
Enthusiast - Level 1

what happens i fthe device that i have the MHS900L does not according to the manual recieve 3g? 

0 Likes