Why am I seeing unbilled usage from previous months?
amoocow
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my most recent bill, I was charged for an extra GB of usage.  This seems odd to me - why wouldn't I have been billed in the proper month?

I always have trouble keeping up with the usage, with frequent unexplained surges in usage.  This latest issue ticks me off, though.

My contract ends soon, and I am considering a switch to a different carrier.  At times my connection seems to hang, which is very annoying.  Sometimes I'm kicked out of my games, causing me penalties.

Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unbilled Usage from Previous Months - anybody else have this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't lose you amoocow! I would like to provide additional information. The usage on each bill is normally from the last bill cycle, however, there can be delayed billing for usage from a previous bill cycle. Domestic, roaming, international voice, data, messaging, and long distance can all be delayed. This can occur while roaming and while on our network if unexpected conditions hinders the upstream to billing processes. Are you advising the delayed usage is usage that was not used? Do you normally manage your usage on line? Did your connection concerns just begin? Please try powering the device off and removing/inserting the sim here      http://vz.to/1fmccA2 test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

View solution in original post

0 Likes
evdotech
Contributor - Level 1

Data usage normally shows up automatic however it can take anywhere from 72hrs - 90 days depending if you are roaming.

0 Likes
amoocow
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply, evdotech.  I'm still puzzled, though.

Roaming?  When it's used at home?  Besides, where would roaming be...is it different than with a cell phone, because I haven't had any roaming in years on my cell phone, although the only thing on my wireless bill IS the miFi....  The only place I've taken it is to my in-laws home, and there's no roaming there.

If it WAS a roaming issue, wouldn't the bill state that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't lose you amoocow! I would like to provide additional information. The usage on each bill is normally from the last bill cycle, however, there can be delayed billing for usage from a previous bill cycle. Domestic, roaming, international voice, data, messaging, and long distance can all be delayed. This can occur while roaming and while on our network if unexpected conditions hinders the upstream to billing processes. Are you advising the delayed usage is usage that was not used? Do you normally manage your usage on line? Did your connection concerns just begin? Please try powering the device off and removing/inserting the sim here      http://vz.to/1fmccA2 test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes