Why am I using data when my jetpack is off?
WILSON1934Z

MY JETPACK IS (OFF) AND MY iPHONE AND iPAD ARE NOT CONFIGURED FOR WI-FI, IN EFFECT I AM NOT ACCESSING THE INTERNET VIA THE JETPACK YET MY DATA USAGE IS GOING OUT OF CONTROL. HAS MY JETPACK BEEN HACKED AND OTHERS USING MY ACCOUNT AND RUNNING DATA USAGE THROUGH THE ROOF?

APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON THIS.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WHY WHEN MY JETPACK IS OFF AND MY iPHONE IS NOT CONFIGURED FOR WI-FI IS MY DATA USAGE CONTINUING TO SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL?
Weth
Legend

If you are not accessing the Internet by wifi, your phone is using its cellular connection to access the Internet.  And that comes from your plan. 

Does your iPad have a $10/month charge?, if so it has its own data connection. It us not clear why you have a jetpack. 

Can an you get home internet and wifi? That is how you lower your cellular data use. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: WHY WHEN MY JETPACK IS OFF AND MY iPHONE IS NOT CONFIGURED FOR WI-FI IS MY DATA USAGE CONTINUING TO SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL?
Weth
Legend

If you are not accessing the Internet by wifi, your phone is using its cellular connection to access the Internet.  And that comes from your plan. 

Does your iPad have a $10/month charge?, if so it has its own data connection. It us not clear why you have a jetpack. 

Can an you get home internet and wifi? That is how you lower your cellular data use. 

0 Likes