Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't I log in to my Mi-Fi Settings webpage after an update?
MotoDroid2Usr
Novice

The admin password is still the same, but when I click on the Login button on vz.hotspot/index.html, nothing happens, not even an error message. I've tried Firefox 25.0.1 and Opera 15. I also popped the device's battery.

I've thought of doing a factory reset, thus setting it back to the default passwords, but my concern is I still won't be able to login and then I'll be stuck with the default passwords.

Any ideas or am I forced to wait for VZW to patch the patch?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can't login into Mifi Settings webpage after update
MotoDroid2Usr
Novice

Actually, the problem turned out to be a ton of malware infesting my computer. After a good MBAM cleaning and a reboot, I was able to access the page again. I guess the new firmware has some security thing that prevents infested computers from accessing the device's settings. I found out that was the problem when I was able to access it via an old Win Vista laptop I have lying around.

Go figure!!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MotoDroid2Usr
Novice

Video of the problem.

0 Likes
lookinforanswer

Try removing the SIM/battery and starting without the SIM, then when powered up, remove battery place SIM back in and power up and/or remove SIM for 30 minutes then replace and power up.  It's worth a shot.

0 Likes
MotoDroid2Usr
Novice

Actually, the problem turned out to be a ton of malware infesting my computer. After a good MBAM cleaning and a reboot, I was able to access the page again. I guess the new firmware has some security thing that prevents infested computers from accessing the device's settings. I found out that was the problem when I was able to access it via an old Win Vista laptop I have lying around.

Go figure!!!!

0 Likes