Why does my 8800L all of a sudden say "extended network"?
sogriswold
  • I have reset your Jetpack multiple times, still say's "extended network"
  • It has been going on for about 3 weeks
  • My internet experience is much slower
  • I haven't seen any change in billing since this began
  • I have two smartphones on this plan.
  • There has been such a change in the data usage that it appears I'm not using as much data. Nothing had changed. I work from home everyday (before & during the pandemic). If I'm not using as much data I shouldn't have to pay so much.
  • I chatted with a customer service rep and he didn't have any idea why this was happening

For the current billing cycle it show Data Used at

• Phone 1 0.12 GB
  • Phone 2 0.41 GB
  • Jetpack 20.97 GB used

For the Billing Period 4/17-5/16 billing cycle

• Phone 1 0.07566 GB
  • Phone 2 0.35056 GB
  • Jetpack 34.051 GB used

Before:                                       Now:

Similar to what it looked like beforeSimilar to what it looked like before   What is looks like nowWhat is looks like now

I did read this: https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Jetpack-4G-LTE-Mobile-Hotspot/Why-does-my-5510L-always-say-... but it's over 2 years old and a different model.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my 8800L all of a sudden say "extended network"?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your image doesn't show the Jetpack connected to an extended network. It shows it connected to a network extender. The two are completely different. An extended network connection means the device is talking to a cellular tower broadcasting a signal that isn't owned by Verizon Wireless. For example, if it was actually connected to a tower owned by AT&T or US Cellular.

A network extender is a device that is plugged into a person's landline based Internet service and creates a micro or mini cellular tower that will broadcast the Verizon Wireless network over a short range. 

Do you have any neighbors nearby who could have a network extender or do you have a network extender in your house? The current 4G LTE network extender model doesn't have the ability to filter which devices are allowed to connect to the extender like the older 3G model did. Unfortunately it means that any device within range of the network extender, those devices will connect to extender before it will connect to larger cellular tower. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my 8800L all of a sudden say "extended network"?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have sent you a private note here in this forum. DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes