Why does my Jetpack say No Service?
jahill98

My jetpack does not connect out - says no service.  I am able to use my phone as a hotspot and have no issues. - What is going on with the jetpack?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My jetpack does not connect - says no service but I can use my phone as a hotspot and have no issues.
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If your Jetpack is displaying a No Service error message then that means it has not connected to the VZW network or there is currently not one within range of your device.  Since you have other VZW devices that do work in the same area we can assume the problem is related to your Jetpack.

The first thing you should do is attempt to reseat the SIM card.  Remove the back cover and take out your SIM card while the Jetpack is powered down.  Let the device sit for 60 seconds, reassemble and try again.  If the message returns then contact VZW for technical support.  They may have to reregister/authenticate you, send you a new SIM card or offer you warranty replacement options to get your device working.

View solution in original post

Re: My jetpack does not connect - says no service but I can use my phone as a hotspot and have no issues.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring all your devices are working properly is paramount jahill98. When did you start experiencing difficulties with your Jetpack. What make and model do jetpack do you have? Are you using the Jetpack in a new location?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If your Jetpack is displaying a No Service error message then that means it has not connected to the VZW network or there is currently not one within range of your device.  Since you have other VZW devices that do work in the same area we can assume the problem is related to your Jetpack.

The first thing you should do is attempt to reseat the SIM card.  Remove the back cover and take out your SIM card while the Jetpack is powered down.  Let the device sit for 60 seconds, reassemble and try again.  If the message returns then contact VZW for technical support.  They may have to reregister/authenticate you, send you a new SIM card or offer you warranty replacement options to get your device working.

jahill98

thank you - we did reset the jetpack and now we are able to get on the internet with our computers.  Although, any ideas why we are using 18g of data is one month.  We are not downloading movies.  I do listen to pandora  for 15-30 minutes at night.  Would this cause the high data usage.

I cant believe that the two of us is using that much data in a month.  How can I check what is going on with the data collection numbers.  Is there a way to find out. -

thanks,

jane

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the most out of your data with the best connection, jane. Streaming Music can have an impact on the amount of data used. Pandora does offer the ability to adjust the quality of the stream to preserve data. Also ensure you stop the music from playing and not mute it which can be common. http://www.vzw.com/datautilization is a great tool that can be used to see how your usage is broken down into categories.

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
2urhealth

I got it up and running by following instructions.  I got really annoyed when I res;ponsed to the note about making a comment which I noted would do later. It direcected me immediately to the survey page instead of allowing me to try to implement the solution.  THAT angry me off. I have had so much annoyance during this whole purchase the jetpack experience.

0 Likes
BDPendleton

your jet pack is trash just like verizon.. they throttle your speed after 15 gigs then u might as well toss it in the trash cause its useless.. pages are slow and nothing loads

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Jetpack say No Service?
bossy29
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same issue , still can’t figure out had to put down so I didn’t throw across room. I just wanted to watch Netflix. Geez

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how this can be frustrating, and we are here to help! Could you tell us when did this problem start? Have you made any updates to your jetpack recently?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes