Why does my jetpack drop all connections when I try to connect to my Surface Pro 4?
Rapacious
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have my iPhone and iPad connect perfectly to my MiFi6620L card.  I then try to connect to my Microsoft Surface Pro 4, and the Jet Pack immediately drops all connections.  It still says it's got 3 devices connected, but nothing is working.  I then have to reboot the Jet Pack to get anything to work.  I try connect the Surface by itself and have no luck.  I have already exchanged it for 2 new Jet Packs and it's not working.  Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does the Mifi6620L drop connection with my Surface Pro 4 after 5 seconds? It also disconnects my other devices the moment I connect to the Surface.
Rapacious
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done everything listed and nothing worked.  But I did find the resolution.  It's a simple change in the registry.  I've included the steps below to help anyone else that may be having the same issue with their Surface Pro 3 and 4 because this is a known issue.  I suggest Verizon pass this information on to all support techs for them to know the fix.

Press Windows button. Search for Regedit and open it

Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Services/mrvlpcie8897

Find the item labeled "TXAMSDU". Double tap and modify the value from 1 to 0

In the end restart your system

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does the Mifi6620L drop connection with my Surface Pro 4 after 5 seconds? It also disconnects my other devices the moment I connect to the Surface.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad you reached out to us today and would be concerned too. How long has this been happening? Is the software up to date on the MiFi? Have you updated any software on  your Surface? Was there anything that happened when this started? Let us gather as much information possible to get to the bottom of this for you.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rapacious
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Surface Pro 4 came out last week.  I just got mine on Friday, and since I got it it hasn't worked.  The MiFi never worked with the Surface.  It has worked with my other devices.  Yes the Firmware on the Mifi is up to date.  My surface can connect to my iPhone 6 hot spot that is on Verizon, but it cannot connect to the MiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rapacious,

We want every connection to your Mifi to be successful. Sorry to hear that this is not happening with your Surface Pro 4. Does the issue occur when you place the Mifi 6620L securityconnectionn access in "Open"? Please 2.Launch a web browser then navigate to //my.jetpack Note Alternatively, navigate to 192.168.1.1 .  Follow the directions listed here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-122343/ . Keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaFFFFF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rapacious
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done everything listed and nothing worked.  But I did find the resolution.  It's a simple change in the registry.  I've included the steps below to help anyone else that may be having the same issue with their Surface Pro 3 and 4 because this is a known issue.  I suggest Verizon pass this information on to all support techs for them to know the fix.

Press Windows button. Search for Regedit and open it

Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Services/mrvlpcie8897

Find the item labeled "TXAMSDU". Double tap and modify the value from 1 to 0

In the end restart your system

0 Likes